Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope Im never "That" Mom

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM
  • 85 Replies

So I signed the family up for the Y....husband and I like to work out, I like the classes and they have great classes for the kids to test out things but I knew....knew.... damn well what I signed up for. ...

And you know what Im talking about......the stay at home moms with leisure time that hoover over their children. Crunchy, eager to offer "advice" organic food and super busy schedules bc they sign the kids up for everything or the pretentious working moms who rush from here to there doing it all ....Telling me about "Zoes" or "Theos" allergies and special needs while sipping a Pumpkin Spice...Decaf Tea (you thought I would say coffee huh?)

And no, they are not all like that....Ive a companion here and there, women who like me dont subscribe to that life (although a few I think do, they just dont act that way around me).

So any who.......meet Mom of a million kids under 5...who launches in.... 12 kids in tow, whos hubby is usually 5 mins behind her bc she has to keep track of him. Now only one child has Ballet class but every child is there....crying, whining but shes too busy staring at her cell to calm them or take them home as its dinner time. She walks up and down the hall talking loudly with her husbandor on her phone, running to the door every three minutes to loudly yell to little Riley to "Pay attention!!!!" and "No, you know how to plie....do it right". Interupting the entire class. So the instructor closes the door.

But does that stop OctoMom 3.0? Nope......

She will tap on the glass and point at little Riley and motion to pay attention for the next 45 minutes.

My companion and I (another Mom) dissolved into giggles repeatedly but Im seriously getting a little ticked off at this point. We are three classes in and I thought shed calm down but she gets worse each time.....I swear to god shes on some sort of upper. My childs really into this and shes even said something to me about "loud mom". 

How do I address this with the Y? I know the instructors annoyed too but I dont think she knows how to deal with Honey BooBoos mom either (and no....this mom doesnt look like this....she just has that stage mom, over the top thing going on)

by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol...I laughed out loud for real when I read "Octomom 3.0"! You're hilarious.
LaughinTattoo7
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM

Thank you lol....but really, how do I address this without become that "bitchy" mom who doesnt fit in? I mean I know I dont fit in but I dont deserve the label "bitchy mom"

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol...I laughed out loud for real when I read "Octomom 3.0"! You're hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this

You mean the judgemental, nosy, catty, gossiping bitchy mom? 

Yeah , you pretty much nailed that one

iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Be the bitchy mom.

LaughinTattoo7
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:29 PM

I havnt gossiped to a soul about this....except to everyone here...bc ya'll dont know where I live. Im not one bit catty....if I was, I would have said something to Chief Keeps Her Husband On A Chain. Im not judging her....I just want her to stop bothering kids in a class I paid for. I get it, theyre cute in their little ballet shoes and we want them to be great at what they do. As for nosy...well she screams everything she does....I cant very well avoid that

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You mean the judgemental, nosy, catty, gossiping bitchy mom? 

Yeah , you pretty much nailed that one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Well, I don't know that there is all that much you can do about it because she's paying to be there too just like you are. You may want to attend the Y at times she won't be there? I'm never one for confrontations.

Quoting LaughinTattoo7:

Thank you lol....but really, how do I address this without become that "bitchy" mom who doesnt fit in? I mean I know I dont fit in but I dont deserve the label "bitchy mom"

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol...I laughed out loud for real when I read "Octomom 3.0"! You're hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Yeah, not my idea of fun.
ThatDancerGirl
by ResidentTroll💆 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
This post 😂
LaughinTattoo7
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:31 PM

I would but its a set class time. Maybe I should just smile like the cheshire cat....grittered teeth, glazed look in my eye and just stare at her. Maybe shell get scared and think Im crazy

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well, I don't know that there is all that much you can do about it because she's paying to be there too just like you are. You may want to attend the Y at times she won't be there? I'm never one for confrontations.
Quoting LaughinTattoo7:

LaughinTattoo7
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:33 PM

I know. But for the love of my kids and the interest in getting them engaged in something physical.......Im fairly certain at one point I went to my happy place "Im a pretty princess living in a cloud"....you know

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yeah, not my idea of fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)