Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is all very juvenile but who should have kept their trap shut?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

All of these people live in the same neighborhood.

Faye and Josh have been in a relationship for a little over a year.

Tommy has been in a relationship for 8 years. Not married to his SO. Just BF/GF.

Faye & Tommy are associates and chit chat and even though Tommy has said some questionable things, he and Faye are nothing but friends. They haven't known each other for long. At most, a little over a month.

One day Faye and Josh meet this new guy, who also lives in the neighborhood. We'll call the new guy Victor. Tommy and Victor aren't friends but they know of each other because they used to live on the same street before Tommy moved to another place (in the same neighborhood).

During their introduction, Victor pulls Josh to the side and says "you need to watch your girlfriend around Tommy because he has a habit of screwing married women". Josh doesn't like what he hears and tells Faye he doesn't trust Tommy so she's going to have to end their aquaintanceship (I know that's not a word but stay with me,lol).

Faye decides to tell Tommy everything from the cheating rumor to her boyfriend being uncomfortable with their "friendship". Tommy gets mad and asks Josh for clarification and then he goes & confronts Victor and from there, a shit storm ensues. 

Yes, this is a clusterfuck but, who-if anybody-is wrong here? And no, this scenerio isn't about me at all.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:26 PM

victor should have kept his trap shut

Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Victor but if Tommy really is a wife fucker he deserves people talking shut about him.

Edit to add Faye didn't need to say anything to a guy she barely knows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2017 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I feel like Victor should have kept his trap shut but at the same time, it wasn't necessary for Faye to tell Tommy what Victor said. It didn't serve much of a purpose since they have only known each other for such a short time.

Quoting Starz6802: Victor but if Tommy really is a wife fucker he deserves people talking shut about him. Edit to add Faye didn't need to say anything to a guy she barely knows.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Victor should have kept his mouth shut first.

Josh should have trusted Faye unless she has ever given him a reason not to trust her

Faye should have kept her mouth shut also

And Tommy needs to suck it up because he's a known Man-Whore

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Josh needs to worry about Faye, not Tommy. Faye is the one who's committed to him, and who he needs to trust. Not Tommy. Victor probably meant well and just didn't think. Tommy is just a sleaze if what Victor said is true. Faye is an adult and can dictate her own relationships.
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Josh can't tell Faye who she can be friends with. Also, just because Victor said that about Tommy, doesn't mean it is true. I agree that Faye didn't need to run to Tommy, either, when she barely knew him. Also, Josh should have had a bone to pick with Victor in regard to referring to "married women," and Faye, like they are objects, with no agency over who they sleep with or stay faithful to. I also am very glad there weren't more characters here or you would have lost me on the far turn!

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Starz6802: Victor but if Tommy really is a wife fucker he deserves people talking shut about him. Edit to add Faye didn't need to say anything to a guy she barely knows.

Wives aren't objects. If he has affairs with married women, they would be consensual, and the one cheating would be at fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Victory wife probably did have an affair that's why he feels the need to warn ppl. I think he had good intentions.

Josh had a concerned/private conversation with his wife. His wife should have respected him and maybe distance herself and just kept a neighborly relationship. However, if Josh trusts his wife, he shouldn't be worried.

Victor and Tommy have some bad blood so obviously, Tommy is going to confront him. Men love to fight.

Who's in the wrong: Faye. Faye had to reason to go running to someone she doesn't know. Couples need to be able to communicate and be able to say things to one another without airing it out to the public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Faye needs to kick Josh to the curb because hes a controling asshat.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:22 AM
We would forever agree to disagree that both parties are wrong for committing adultery.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Starz6802: Victor but if Tommy really is a wife fucker he deserves people talking shut about him.

Edit to add Faye didn't need to say anything to a guy she barely knows.

Wives aren't objects. If he has affairs with married women, they would be consensual, and the one cheating would be at fault.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)