Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react to someone lying about being abused?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I was physically, sexually, and emotionally abused by my mother growing up. She was/is a narcissist and was very controlling and abusive.

A 18yo co-worker has decided her parents are abusing her because they won't let her boyfriend of 1 week sleep over. She's told me that I don't understand her abuse and she can't escape. Escape from what exactly? Common sense rules?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
.oOPoisonOo.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 5:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I would just be like, " Oh that sucks " and then escape the situation not making a huge deal out of it...

Teenagers are dramatic af.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM

ignore her, walk away, put on headphones,...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:17 AM
I was severely abused my entire childhood. I would have simply said I'm sorry, I guess you are right and changed the subject or walked away. The fact is she is right. We don't understand what she is going through just as she don't understand what we've gone through.
JkBrauer
by Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Sometimes people are desperately looking for attention. Sometimes we just need to listen and not say anything. If she she persists, try to find awahy to redirect the conversation. Aske her if you can pray for her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM

I don't really put much stock into anything an 18 year old has to say to be honest. I'd roll my eyes and avoid her as much as possible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)