Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes it’s worth the financial implications

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
We needed to cut down on our expenses so we decided to move to a cheaper place.

We were paying 1700 a month for a 3 bedroom apartment and my husband found a trailer about an hour away that is only 1050 a month.

From the start I didn’t like it, it was much further from work and family. It was a very cheaply made trailer with no storage and no amenities.

But he has two teenage children that are here during the summer and he wanted them to have their own room. After arguing and fighting for a month I finally caved and told him we could live there.

We move and two weeks later he starts traveling for work. We’ve been here since April and he’s probably actually slept in our bed 6 weeks combined since we moved here.

His children came during the summer but because of his work they were actually only here for 2 weeks. His children have referred to this trailer as a shit hole. And have now decided they don’t want to come down down next year.

Needless to say I’m pissed. I’m miserable here, just little things people take for granted like a ice make in the freezer or a garbage disposal I don’t have. The microwave hasn’t worked since the first day we moved in and they still haven’t fixed it. Of course all of those things are minor but they add up quickly when you’re already miserable.

I’m done. I’m done. I’m done.

I found us a 2 bedroom apartment back in the town we were living in and we are moving in November.

It’s going to cost us about 7000 to break the lease but I don’t care. It will be well worth it for my mental health.

He doesn’t like the fact that each child doesn’t have a bedroom but I simply don’t care. Last year they were here for a combined 4 weeks in the summer 2 weeks this summer. While I love my stepchildren I will not suffer 12 months out of the year just so they can have their own space for a month or less a year.

And before anyone asks why I’m here since I don’t have children, I’ve miscarried 5 times and I have stepchildren. I’m allowed here.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
How are you affording $7000 to break a lease?
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this
For 7 grand I'd deal. It's only a few more months right? But i don't have a garbage disposal either and one can get a cheap microwave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:58 AM
Girl, I'm with you. I'd be done too. He should have waited until he could find a cheaper but equally nice place within the town you already lived in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:00 AM
5 moms liked this
You need to cut down on expenses but can afford 7000 to break a lease?
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:02 AM
5 moms liked this
$7000 is two Disney Vacations or 7 months of my mortgage! There is ZERO way Ineould break a lease that would cost me $7,000 ever!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:03 AM
You can't afford $1700, yet you can afford $7K??
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
You have to pay $7,000 to break a lease on a trailer? How long was the lease, 10 years???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:09 AM
We are going to have to make payments. That’s all there is to it, it’s going to suck but we have to and we will.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How are you affording $7000 to break a lease?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:11 AM
My mental health is more important. It’s just that simple. For me the benefits outweigh the cost.

Quoting PJMM: For 7 grand I'd deal. It's only a few more months right? But i don't have a garbage disposal either and one can get a cheap microwave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 7:12 AM
There were plenty of 2 bedroom places in our price range and the town we lived in but he just couldn’t settle for 2 bedrooms. That’s what it all boiled down to, but even he is miserable when he’s here. He’s realized it was a mistake.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Girl, I'm with you. I'd be done too. He should have waited until he could find a cheaper but equally nice place within the town you already lived in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)