Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The BTS Plague

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Well, the back-to-school plague has hit our house. Every year, the kids go back to school and get exposed to everything all the other kids are carrying and they bring it home and we all feel like we're going to die. I was feeling fine all day yesterday, then right at about 7pm everything hit me at once. My throat got sore, my sinuses closed up, my nose started dripping, and I started feeling a little feverish. I have so much stuff I need to do today, but I really don't wanna 'cause I feel like poo.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:15 AM
Ugh, hope you get better quickly!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Thanks. ODS had a runny nose for a day. MDD has had a cough and a sore throat for a couple days now. YDS has a cough now. I seem to have caught all of it.

I just hope that we can get it out of the house before next weekend. DH has a great immune system and will feel like he's fighting something off at most. That is, unless he isn't able to get adequate rest. Next Sunday is his short sleep weekend, so he needs to not be fighting anything off at that time or he's going to get sick and won't be able to get rid of it.

Quoting Lunarprancer: Ugh, hope you get better quickly!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM

the life cycle, no big deal

proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:33 AM
My friend got fired at work because she had to call out because her youngest kids(twins) got sick. We're on a point system and she hit level 0.
She thought she was still at level 2.
She couldn't leave het 8 year old home alone though either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:35 AM
I got a Sonia infection the second week of school which turned out to be my first week of school. It was miserable! My kids haven't been sick fortunately. They just managed to get me sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Thankfully, I work from home and set my own hours, so that isn't an issue. DH's job does points as well. Late? Get a point. Call out of work? Get a point. Get in an accident on the way to work and are rushed to the hospital? You've got a point for each day until you can work out FMLA with HR. Stupidest policy ever.

Quoting proudmother5946: My friend got fired at work because she had to call out because her youngest kids(twins) got sick. We're on a point system and she hit level 0. She thought she was still at level 2. She couldn't leave het 8 year old home alone though either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Yep, they're good at carrying that stuff home.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I got a Sonia infection the second week of school which turned out to be my first week of school. It was miserable! My kids haven't been sick fortunately. They just managed to get me sick.

Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I thought you were talking about the k-pop band BTS at first
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM

I haven't the slightest clue what k-pop is.

Quoting Momoffour83: Lol I thought you were talking about the k-pop band BTS at first

Momoffour83
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
No, you probably wouldn't

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I haven't the slightest clue what k-pop is.

Quoting Momoffour83: Lol I thought you were talking about the k-pop band BTS at first

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)