Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you offer the info?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My ex isnt involved. Hes never helped with daily care,been to a doctors appointment, speech therapy. Anything. I have 100% physical,legal,medical custody. He periodically ask about the child and half ass attempts to visit once maybe twice a year in recent years.

If you had to take your child to the dentist for a consult for surgery would you tell him?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM
No
terra221
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:42 AM
No. Why is this a question?
Jadegirl1819
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:42 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:43 AM
Thanks. Its such a conflicting situation. Ive tried involving him. Under a year i sent him updates after each appointment,let him know when ds had to go to the childrens hospital,sent him pics and just updates on his daily life. Hasnt made a difference. So its like i wanna be mega bitch but i try not to be.

Quoting mama_danetta: No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM
I feel very conflicted. Ive tried involving him and it hasnt made a difference. And honestly i dont know how to be Switzerland. Im either overly nice or a megabitch.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. Why is this a question?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:45 AM
Yes. I'd continue to update about everything. Because in 10, 15, 20 years, whatever it may be...I'd want to be able to honestly tell my child that I tried.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:46 AM

No. I wouldn't tell him shit about my kids. 

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:48 AM
I think it's fair to give a heads up about when the surgery will be. But a consult? Nah, he doesn't care.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. Its such a conflicting situation. Ive tried involving him. Under a year i sent him updates after each appointment,let him know when ds had to go to the childrens hospital,sent him pics and just updates on his daily life. Hasnt made a difference. So its like i wanna be mega bitch but i try not to be.

Quoting mama_danetta: No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:50 AM
I don't see it as mega bitch to keep this (and everything else) to yourself...unless he asks.

I think the conflict is because you want him to be who he should be, rather than who he is. It maybe easier for you if you try to accept a more realistic view of his... *searches desperately for a nice word for asshole-ness*... um, his limitations.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel very conflicted. Ive tried involving him and it hasnt made a difference. And honestly i dont know how to be Switzerland. Im either overly nice or a megabitch.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. Why is this a question?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)