Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever truly get a day off?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

my days off consist of laundry and dishes and yardwork and running errands and the grocery store and dr. appts, driving my kids places, etc, etc.

i don't really feel like that is a day off. i need to somehow carve out more time for myself or i am going to collapse.

what do you all do to make time for yourself? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Leave the house, husband with the kids or grandparents and go hang out with my friends
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:50 AM
Leave the house, husband with the kids or grandparents and go hang out with my friends
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:51 AM
I'll take a vacation day from work and use that for "me" time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM

what kinds of things do you do for me time? 

Quoting owl0210: I'll take a vacation day from work and use that for "me" time.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Yes I did. I would kill myself on Friday to have Saturday and Sunday off. Yes my kids might have sports but the house was immaculate, all the laundry done and whatever I cooked on Friday for dinner there was enough leftover for Saturday. Some Fridays we went of for dinner or order in. Cooking is something I enjoy so I never felt like it was a big chore.  My husband also did a lot on the weekend, if he was off work. He doesn't cook but he would take the kids to the playground, bike riding, out to run errands, out back and play ball or whatever so I could have time for me. I also hired sitter and made plans for girls nights out and date nights with him. We tried to go away every 3 months overnight without the kids. I also had girls weekends away from the kids. Sometimes  I would make a tall drink and lock myself in the bathroom with a book and bubble bath. He and the kids would watch things I normally didnt care for. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Not really. I don't really consider them to be necessary though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear you.  But I made a new rule for myself...Sunday afternoons I focus on my hobbies...and you'd better not disturb me unless you're dying LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM
I do laundry and cleaning Thursday/Friday after work so that I don't have to do those things during the weekends when I'm off. I also get my hair professionally done once a week, mani/pedi/eyebrows every 2 weeks and I kickbox 2/3 times a week. I consider those things me time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM
I'm a high school administrator, so honestly I'm always on call at LEAST. I check email way too much. I go to a ton of events including on weekends. If an alarm goes off I have to go the school. It's a lot. I block off time to put my phone down but then I can't Cafemom lol
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM
An entire day like from when I wake up until the evening? No. But I get plenty of days where I can get a few hours for me time. Maybe like 3-4 hours every couple of months or something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)