Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being treated unfairly because of our income

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 358 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm sitting here waiting at a low cost clinic for an hour now. I'm just here to get birth control. I'm in between gynecologists at the moment, so this was really the most practical option. I have insurance but still needed to fill out our family size and income. DH has a great job, especially for this area. They wanted to know monthly gross income. Before tax, he usually makes between $9,000-$10,000 a month. The lady at the front desk gave me a weird look and asked if I knew it said monthly, not annually. I said I know and that's monthly. She told me okay and have a seat.

My appointment was for 10. I came 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Three ladies that came in after me have already went in. One already left.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have gone to Planned Parenthood myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM
17 moms liked this
That sounds pretty typical in a clinic setting. To wait. Even in a regular drs office. I always wait. And it drives me insane. But I don't think it has anything to do with how much you make. Also, I think you are full of it on that. But that's another story lol
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Quoting Not_A_Native:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM
It's not PP. We don't have one around here.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM
I'd be asking about how much longer. I'm impatient though.
pinkdragon36
by No on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothin i got nothin
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Go up to the desk if you have ben waiting an hour already.  Do you hve a regular family doc that you can go to next time? 

JustKeepsmoving
by 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM
7 moms liked this
Probably because you are a new patient.

It always takes longer as a new patient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM
What am I full of? And yes, I know doctors offices have wait times. But other women have walked in and waited 5 to 10 minutes. I just asked and they said it'd be a little bit longer.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That sounds pretty typical in a clinic setting. To wait. Even in a regular drs office. I always wait. And it drives me insane. But I don't think it has anything to do with how much you make. Also, I think you are full of it on that. But that's another story lol
anononononon
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:07 AM
I sit at my regular Dr's for an hour or more before they get to me so that seems pretty normal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)