Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think suicide IS selfish.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 297 Replies
5 moms liked this

And yes I do understand that many people who make attempts or actually do take their own lives are severely mentally ill.

I still feel it is an ultimate selfish act, I don't judge people who have made attempts and I have a family member who has committed suicide.

I can't help but feel its very selfish. Especially if you have children or other loved ones depending on you.

I know people who are suicidal don't feel selfish but still, they usually are.

Agree or Disagree?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
It's very selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Disagree.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:19 PM
24 moms liked this
I disagree. A suicidal person truly believes that the world would be better off without them. I'm not going to judge someone for something that I personally can't relate to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I have several friends who are adamant that is isn't selfish at all but I just cannot agree. I don't want to disagree publicly with them so I posted here instead.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's very selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I'm guessing you're the same anon doing spinoffs from other posts where people are seeking help.. GET A LIFE ALREADY

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I feel like people who say that do not understand the meaning of the word selfish

It's not selfish
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It is. I get it if someone is in pain and dying though. To me it's a personal choice. But it sucks for everyone you leave behind to deal with your shit. Especially if their family can't get life insurance since they did it themselves. Not all policies are like that though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
7 moms liked this

I think the people who are around these people and don't help are selfish

eviesmom453
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
How isn't it selfish?

Quoting Anonymous 5: I feel like people who say that do not understand the meaning of the word selfish

It's not selfish
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM

You're right that in the moment that person doesn't feel selfish (and I am not judging at all) but it really is.

Quoting owl0210: I disagree. A suicidal person truly believes that the world would be better off without them. I'm not going to judge someone for something that I personally can't relate to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)