Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lyme disease or just a virus? Bad ER experience

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I went to my PCP who sent me to the ER for possible DVT and Lyme. The ER doctor told me I wasted his time by coming in. He did an ultrasound but ignored the Lyme disease symptoms and didn’t get me tested. The ER nurse told doc he should test me.

Now two days all my joints hurt and I still have a rash. My neck and head hurt to the point that it is agonizing. I’ll just ask my PCP to order a test. Should he had tested me since he already ordered a D-Dimer blood test that was positive ? I did wait 4 hours and then 4 in the room that day.

Yes or no ??? Wwyd
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Bump
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:55 PM
I would go to a different ER if you can.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Quoting blue-heart: I would go to a different ER if you can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Unless you are in 3rd degree heart block, Lyme disease isn't an emergency and you shouldn't expect them to test you.

What does the lyme have to do with a positive d-dimer in your mind?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM

Find a totally new set of Dr's. The prpotocal for Lyme is a blood test which any lab can do and antibiotics-BEFORE the test results come out...so your Dr sucks and so did the ER.

And Lymes would NEVER be an ER issue-walk in clinic is just fine-expecially if the rash is still visible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM
It was a covering physician

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Find a totally new set of Dr's. The prpotocal for Lyme is a blood test which any lab can do and antibiotics-BEFORE the test results come out...so your Dr sucks and so did the ER.

And Lymes would NEVER be an ER issue-walk in clinic is just fine-expecially if the rash is still visible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM
Positive for some type of infection, but a positive d dimer could mean anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Unless you are in 3rd degree heart block, Lyme disease isn't an emergency and you shouldn't expect them to test you.

What does the lyme have to do with a positive d-dimer in your mind?
MomInANutHouse
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM
Have you been bitten by a tick?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was a covering physician
Quoting Anonymous 3:

I would tel your Dr what a terrible jobthat Dr did-including sending you to the ER for Lymes! That's gonna cost you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)