Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get our bed back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I share a bed with not only dh, but my 4 and 2 year old as well. We've all coslept since day 1.

They absolutely refuse to sleep in their room now and I feel like I made a pretty big oopsie.

Any tips on how to get our bed back?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:12 PM
I don't, ds slept in a crib in his own room from day 1
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM
Put them in their beds, don't allow them in yours anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM

So I have never done this and don't have the experience because I didn't want to end up with this situation in 4 years.  If this was me, if you don't want to just put them in their beds cold turkey, I would have a campout in their rooms for a few nights, maybe on a few weekend nights.  Then go cold turkey after they have slept in their rooms a few times.

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Duct tape.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Put them in their beds, don't allow them in yours anymore.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:14 PM

just put them in their room at night and tough it out until they get past the tears. there really is no other way.

BeautifulMomof1
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM

get toddler beds with cute character sheets that they like and make them sleep in it . .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

That's why you don't cosleep.

DobbyNeedsaSock
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM

Our daughter coslept in our bed, when she was around 1 or so we bought a twin memory foam and put against our bed. We started putting her in that bed at bedtime, and if she crawled in our bed fine. Over time she slept in her bed more and more often. I would start slow, and buy a bed to put against yours and have them sleep there, then eventually transition them out of your room if that's what you want. Good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:16 PM
My kid a don't like to sleep in their own beds but I can't sleep very well with them in mine. My 5 year old I end up rocking to sleep in our recliner and then putting her in her bed after she's asleep. You could put your kids in their beds after they're asleep, or you could put them in their beds and lie with them until they're asleep and then sneak out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)