Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IF I..WAS YOUR... MOTHER...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this
Apparently, ds and sd got into an argument. Ds said he is telling his mommy(me). Then sd said, tell your mommy, she can't do anything. She isn't my mother! This made ds cry, he doesn't understand sd has another mother because sd BM isnt in the picture. Ds came home crying and told me, I told him that she is correct hun, I am not her mother. I explained and then asked if he understood and he said yes but mommy she should respect you and not talk mean things about you. I told him, hun you are correct but I'll let daddy know and he can deal with it. He said, mommy I don't like what she says about you and I told him she is just mean, isn't she? I laughed and started to make him smile. Sd walks in and asks me if ds talked to me and I said yes and that I had nothing to say to her that she would like to hear so she had to wait for her father. She said, I was going to ask if you can take me to the store. Again, I told her that she needs to wait for her father to get home and he will choose if he wants to do it or not. I briefly texted him about the situation. She knows ds ratted her out and she knows she will be in trouble when Dh gets home.

I treat her as my own and this is the thanks I get. Well, it will stop as of today until she can respect me as an adult. I don't discipline her, say anything much to her or anything but it is ridiculous to make my ds cry.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:44 PM

How old are they?

skipp2
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

You and your DS both sound like dicks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:45 PM
How old?
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:45 PM

You handled it wrong.

She's being the bitter one, you need to be the rational one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:45 PM
Put yourself in her shoes. I know you are giving out your all and what she said is extremely hurtful, but man. The poor kid was abandoned by her mother. That has got to suck. How old old she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM
She is 16. Her mom abandoned her 7years ago. She is in therapy.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Put yourself in her shoes. I know you are giving out your all and what she said is extremely hurtful, but man. The poor kid was abandoned by her mother. That has got to suck. How old old she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Treating her as your own includes calling her mean, not disciplining her and not saying much to her?
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM
4 moms liked this
No I don't think this happened. he did not come home crying to mommy then say she needs to respect you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:48 PM
She has a right to call me names infront of my kids? I tried..

Quoting Anonymous 4: Treating her as your own includes calling her mean, not disciplining her and not saying much to her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)