Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forgive and forget.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
Over 10 years ago my brother broke into our cousins house who lived next door. We didn't believe he did and she tried to tell us he did. My parents definitely didn't believe her. We found out he did. U found the stuff he stole in his room and showed our parents. Our cousin ended up having someone break into our house and steal out stuff. We stopped talking. I was a new teen and she was in her 20's I think.

I saw her today and she apologized for what she did and she was hurt that no one believed her when people saw my brother break into her house. We later found out my bro broke into other houses and went to juvie for it. I told my mom she apologized and she feels bad for what happened. She was mostly hurt by me because we were so close. My mom said "why are you talking to her and blah blah blah" I told my mom you should forgive and forget. It was over 10 years ago. It's time to move on.

What would you? do what do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:54 PM
4 moms liked this
I think y'all are lucky that she did that instead of taking it to the police. If she called the police I guarantee you they would have searched your brother's room and would have found the missing stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I do t like to have hate in me, so I would forgive her as well. Plus, she probably did it only because no one believed her and she felt betrayed by her family
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 3:57 PM
I think your parents are garbage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Your mother doesn't get to dictate who you talk to and why. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM
Who is y'all? I was barely a teen when it happened

Quoting SAHMJC: I think y'all are lucky that she did that instead of taking it to the police. If she called the police I guarantee you they would have searched your brother's room and would have found the missing stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:02 PM
I see why she did it yes. I told my mom she needs to forgive and such

Quoting Anonymous 2: I do t like to have hate in me, so I would forgive her as well. Plus, she probably did it only because no one believed her and she felt betrayed by her family
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM
Okay what I should have said is your brother and your parents should have been grateful that's all she did. I'll be at it was very immature for her to do it it sounds like your brother and your parents got off lucky

Quoting Anonymous 1: Who is y'all? I was barely a teen when it happened

Quoting SAHMJC: I think y'all are lucky that she did that instead of taking it to the police. If she called the police I guarantee you they would have searched your brother's room and would have found the missing stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:03 PM
Yes I know

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Your mother doesn't get to dictate who you talk to and why. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:04 PM
They did call the police on her

Quoting SAHMJC: Okay what I should have said is your brother and your parents should have been grateful that's all she did. I'll be at it was very immature for her to do it it sounds like your brother and your parents got off lucky

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
So their son stole from her she reciprocated and they called the police on her? Did the police ever get involved when it was discovered your brother was a thief?

Quoting Anonymous 1: They did call the police on her

Quoting SAHMJC: Okay what I should have said is your brother and your parents should have been grateful that's all she did. I'll be at it was very immature for her to do it it sounds like your brother and your parents got off lucky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)