Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is annoying (dress code)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have tall skinny kids. Dd keeps getting in trouble for her shirts at school. This is like the third time. But seriously they're not belly shirts. These are the extra large in kids. The next size is an adult extra small but they're so baggy on her. Apparently this shirt isn't long enough. Which I can see almost half an inch of her stomach if she stretches her arms way above her head. Yeah I get it, but these damn shirts fit a month ago.
I really feel like they're making a big deal out of nothing. I'm about to buy the kids new clothes anyways, but it's not cold yet. Last year she went through 3 pant sizes.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell them to piss off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM
7 moms liked this
They don't send boys home for that ctso.

I'd tell them to stop sexualizing my child and to shove their ridiculous rule up where the sun doesn't shine or I was going above them for this harassment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm talk like that camis have become my best friend I buy them bigger so that I can tuck them into my pants that way of my shirt comes up instead of my stomach showing my tank does.

Wal-Mart has a bunch of colors for 2 bucks a piece I own every color lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she could wear a thin tank underneath so her belly does not show? Shirt looks fine to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I've considered it. I don't want her having such a hard time. I tried finding long tank tops so she could layer. That's what I do. But they were super baggy.

Quoting engagedandproud: I would tell them to piss off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:46 PM
This and I'm not usually one to jump to this. Your DD looks fine. This seems like a great way for the school to give her body image issues.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They don't send boys home for that ctso.

I'd tell them to stop sexualizing my child and to shove their ridiculous rule up where the sun doesn't shine or I was going above them for this harassment.
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Same issue here, girls get sent home because their shoulders are showing.  Bunch of crap, distracting the boys is a horrible justification for that.  I would go with Anon 2

jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Absoulty nothing wrong with her shirt. I would tell them to shove it
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM
I agree with this. I honestly don't agree with the school, but at least this may prevent more problems.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm talk like that camis have become my best friend I buy them bigger so that I can tuck them into my pants that way of my shirt comes up instead of my stomach showing my tank does.

Wal-Mart has a bunch of colors for 2 bucks a piece I own every color lol
othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM

My kids grow very fast too. My almost 12 year old is 5'6"  already.  I try to find tunic style shirts for myself and my girls if I can for the longer fit.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)