Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is right, my mom, or my sister?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM
  • 236 Replies
Ok so about a month ago my niece, 15, got into a fight. Teenage drama, trying to act bad for her friends, blaw blaw blaw. My niece went to this girls house to call her out for whatever reason, and they started fighting. From what I heard she was getting the best of this girl. So that's when 3 grown adults jumped in. One being her mom, the other her 24 year old cousin, and the last being a grown man, along with the girl who was initially in the fight with my niece. And they all starting beating on my niece. They ended up breaking her nose and cheek bone and knocking some teeth out. My sister is livid. She's trying to get the adults involved persecuted. She thinks it should of just been a one on one between the two teenaged girls. (And just so everyone knows she has been properly punished for her part in this whole thing, she's still grounded, no phone, no privileges, so she's not taking the role her daughter plaid lightly). My mother on the other hand thinks my niece got what she deserved for going over to these people's house and starting a fight, and she thinks my sister shouldn't pursue any legal actions against the adults in this situation. She thinks my sister is just teaching my niece to play the victim card. So who do you guys side with? My mom, or my sister?
by on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Meh. Your mom I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Wow
TaylorMom814
by Emily on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:20 PM
I'm with your mom on this.
Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:21 PM
She went there. I am with your mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:22 PM
32 moms liked this
Your sister. Your niece was wrong but she's a stupid 15 year old. Adults have no right to assault a 15 year old girl. That man could have broken up the fight and restrained the niece to stop it without instigating it any further. I don't care how mad you are or how stupid the kid is, you simply can't assault children.
Prettymarnie
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
I think that she got what she deserved. If my child was getting the crap beat out of her you'd better believe I and my husband and her older brothers would get involved. And as for prosecuting the adults? I don't think they will win. The adults jumped in to defend the one girl. And I think she's lucky she isn't going to JAIL given her age and the fact that she started this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
13 moms liked this
Your niece was totally in the wrong for starting the fight and should be punished. However those adults should be prosecuted!!! That is ridiculous! They should have restrained both girls and called the cops! Grown adults should not fight kids!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
4 moms liked this
It should have been a fair fight between the two girls. If the adults got involved at all it should of to break it up. I would for sure press charges against the adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
6 moms liked this

You're all idiots. If I have to pick a side, your mom's I guess.

eviesmom453
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Your mom is right. And your niece sounds like complete trash.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)