Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce Immediately?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies

What would you do in this situation....?

You have been married for 12 1/2 years years.....You and your husband have had a great marriage for the most part, have 2 kids ages 4 and 20 months, and you are 11 weeks pregnant.... for the most part he has been an awesome dad (WHEN HE IS THERE, note WHEN HE IS THERE)

His job as a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon has been very stressful though on your marriage at times mostly because he has to work ridiculously long hours........... and you've had to cancel TWO vacations in the last two years alone

Last Tuesday he becomes LIVID because your four year old had an accident on his day off and he screams at him.  You tell him to not yell at him, and the next thin you know you are in another room and he has slapped you across youface and part of your shoulder.  

He immediately apologizes and says he is sorry and pleads for your forgiveness. He says its becasue he lost a 7 year old yesterday and stress had "just gotten to him",.  He says he is sorry and says he needs to call down and then he just LEAVES.

You text him that you are leaving and go to your sisters about two hours away and have been there since.

Divorce immediately?????

He wants a second chance and wants to do counselor and start over would you divorce?.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irocksocks
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:50 PM
I would not divorce over that. I would go to a counselor for your other issues though
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:50 PM
5 moms liked this

No man is putting his hands on me.  The other stuff could be worked on, but he hit you.  Don't stand for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM
I would never divorce over that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:52 PM
12 moms liked this

After 12.5 years of no anger issues, I'd be willing to give counseling a go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:53 PM

but there is no proof

he would find another wife 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

No man is putting his hands on me.  The other stuff could be worked on, but he hit you.  Don't stand for it.

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:55 PM
I may not divorce but he'd better get psychiatric help. And he'd better never so much as look at me cross eyed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Why do you GAF if he finds another wife? Divorce his ass and take every dime you can.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

but there is no proof

he would find another wife 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:55 PM

Yes I would because he won't stop his abuse.  It's a real POS who hits his pregnant wife. 

batmanfanmom
by Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this
That's tough. I do not condone violence in any way, but extreme stress changes a person. His job is incredibly difficult. I would live in separate homes for a bit until i saw real changes. I would definitely do counseling for everyone. But i probably wouldn't immediately divorce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 8:56 PM
You don't think physical abuse is a deal breaker?

Quoting irocksocks: I would not divorce over that. I would go to a counselor for your other issues though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)