Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this weird?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My dd 7 is extremely attached to her dad. She is always writing letters to him and such.

In class for a back to school night. They were suppose to write a "Who am I?" letter and we are suppose to figure out which was our child's. My dd wrote one but it said "dear daddy, I wish you would never leave me. I miss you so much" ext. We broke up when she was a baby. I'm married and have other kids.

It seems she cares for nothing but her dad and she sees him all the time. It honestly hurts my feelings she is so attached to him. She doesn't tell me she loves me, she doesn't hug me, doesn't like doing anything with me. She just says daddy, daddy, daddy. It doesn't seem normal to be this attached and such. Is it? Is it silly I feel hurt and saddened by her also?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:03 PM
I was a daddy's girl. When I was seven, I married him like,weekly. I even did tomboyish stuff because I thought it would make him like me better than my sister.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Were you always that way? Did you at least tell your mom you loved her?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was a daddy's girl. When I was seven, I married him like,weekly. I even did tomboyish stuff because I thought it would make him like me better than my sister.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:05 PM
No. It's relatively normal for a girl to be a daddy's girl. The fact that she lives with you and just gets to "see" him would just cement the issue for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM
It's normal. Just take initiative and make sure your the one saying I love you and giving hugs first. She sees your other kid with their dad every night. I can understand her feelings for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:07 PM
It doesn't seem normal. She doesn't even tell me she loves me

Quoting Anonymous 3: No. It's relatively normal for a girl to be a daddy's girl. The fact that she lives with you and just gets to "see" him would just cement the issue for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:08 PM
No she doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's normal. Just take initiative and make sure your the one saying I love you and giving hugs first. She sees your other kid with their dad every night. I can understand her feelings for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:10 PM
She's a daddy's girls, deal with it.

Maybe you should spend mother daughter time with her.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dd 7 is extremely attached to her dad. She is always writing letters to him and such.

In class for a back to school night. They were suppose to write a "Who am I?" letter and we are suppose to figure out which was our child's. My dd wrote one but it said "dear daddy, I wish you would never leave me. I miss you so much" ext. We broke up when she was a baby. I'm married and have other kids.

It seems she cares for nothing but her dad and she sees him all the time. It honestly hurts my feelings she is so attached to him. She doesn't tell me she loves me, she doesn't hug me, doesn't like doing anything with me. She just says daddy, daddy, daddy. It doesn't seem normal to be this attached and such. Is it? Is it silly I feel hurt and saddened by her also?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)