Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So you’re too good to wait for your appointment? Aren’t we all.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 215 Replies
4 moms liked this
Let’s face it ladies. Nobody wants to wait at the doctors office. Often people will get it out on front end staff, medical assistants, and nurses. Forgetting these people usually aren’t responsible for your wait time, and don’t have the power to magically get you in and out.

If they could I’m sure they would. I doubt the staff wants to stay extra hours, or go to lunch late. How many staff members from a medical facility do you know that enjoy being behind?

How about you realize you’re not a special little snow flake who’s butt should be kissed. Usually most (not all) staff will try to help you in any way they can. Yet you still choose to be rude and disrespectful to them. How about you realize you’re not the only patient on the schedule. How about you realize medical assistants often do not make the schedule. How about you realize that the office is often double or triple booked? Do you think the staff enjoys that? Of course not. The least you can do is show respect to people who are trying to help and work their asses off.

Rant over... when I go to the doctor I have to wait over an hour in an exam room. Waiting for the doctor. Do I complain?! Heck no. I know I’m not the only person and the world doesn’t revolve around me. Yet so many patients will cause a scene and yell and curse out the medical staff. That behavior is unacceptable for an adult. If it was up to me you would be permanently discharged from the practice for that. Grow up this is life. Stop causing issues just because you’re entitled.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what I am waiting for. If my kid has a broken arm or a gushing wound, I'd be pissed. If we were just a simple well/sick check I'd expect it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Agree. The doctor I used to work for had a ridiculous wait time. Lol bitched to the staff but were so nice once they see the doctor. That's who they need to bitch too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM
13 moms liked this
How about they quit over booking people THEY are the ones who take the appointments and say what times are available.
If I have to reschedule if I'm more then five minutes late but then have to wait over a damed hour before I see a damned doctor you bet your life I'm going to be pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Usually gushing wound would require an ER. If the break isn’t open then yeah you might have to wait. By the time you go to a doctors office your kid will be splinted and stable. Wait your turn and grow up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Depends on what I am waiting for. If my kid has a broken arm or a gushing wound, I'd be pissed. If we were just a simple well/sick check I'd expect it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Maybe it's were you live, but I haven't seen that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM
5 moms liked this
It is a big deal because some people need to get back to work, get their kids, have busy schedules. If doctors weren't forced to overbook or book such short appointments, then everyone's time could be respected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM
I wish they would quit overbooking people but it’s not up to them. The management will tell them they have to. The CO is telling the managers they have to. So stop getting your anger out on the staff and go complain to the people responsible for this. Most medical staff dislikes over booking unless you haven’t noticed yet:

Quoting Anonymous 4: How about they quit over booking people THEY are the ones who take the appointments and say what times are available.

If I have to reschedule if I'm more then five minutes late but then have to wait over a damed hour before I see a damned doctor you bet your life I'm going to be pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:18 PM
5 moms liked this
What pissed me off is if I am late they can refuse to see me, but it's ok to give me an appointment for 9 and then not even see me until 10
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:18 PM
How would it be stable if he hasn't been seen? People die waiting for drs. I am grown up and my response was reasonable.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Usually gushing wound would require an ER. If the break isn’t open then yeah you might have to wait. By the time you go to a doctors office your kid will be splinted and stable. Wait your turn and grow up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Depends on what I am waiting for. If my kid has a broken arm or a gushing wound, I'd be pissed. If we were just a simple well/sick check I'd expect it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)