Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepparent Birthdays

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
DS is 10. Custody is 50/50, with alternating weeks. CO states that he stays with Ex or I, regardless of the normal schedule, on our birthdays. Nothing is mentioned about our spouses or other family members.

Ex texted and asked if he can have DS in a few weeks for his sister's first birthday. I told him no, because it was my time AND it is also my husband's birthday. After a lot of back and forth, ex got pissy and said that every year SM's birthday falls on my time, and DS has never been able to celebrate with her on her birthday. He said he feels that DS should also get to come over for the birthdays of his wife and their Two other kids.

I told him there was no way I was going to go with that, and even if I agreed, it would be a moot point in this instance because this is my husband's, who is also DS's stepparent, birthday.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Jesus, so glad my parents weren't this petty when they divorced. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Doing everyone's birthday sounds a little bit much. Nitpicky and overly complicated.

I'd probably send him for sm's birthday every once in awhile anyway though. Or a siblings. As an extra day, and especially of they were doing something special for it.
lacyd75_anew
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Should've never brought up it was your dh's bday if you didn't want this to become an issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You'd have him miss his siblings birthday?! We have 50/50 and always share time because it is good for the CHILD. You sound selfish. Poor kid.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Seriously, it's no wonder kids of so many broken homes have issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Then he would try to turn me into a bad person for making DS miss his sister's birthday for no reason.

Quoting lacyd75_anew: Should've never brought up it was your dh's bday if you didn't want this to become an issue.
mommy404204
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:41 PM
I would let him go to his sisters birthday though probably not the step mom unless they are really close. Maybe you can switch a day for the kids birthday.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:42 PM
You're an idiot.
lacyd75_anew
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Well I get that but now he is going to expect you to work with him on his wife's bday. See what I'm saying? You'd been better off just saying no can do and leave it at that. He is going to figure what's good for the goose is good for the gander type thing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Then he would try to turn me into a bad person for making DS miss his sister's birthday for no reason.

Quoting lacyd75_anew: Should've never brought up it was your dh's bday if you didn't want this to become an issue.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM
8 moms liked this

Kiddo should be at his sister's first birthday. I am assuming your husband is a grown man and doesn't need a child to help him celebrate. Or kiddo could go to dad's for the party and such and then dinner with your family. 

Stepparents can come and go (we hope they don't but this is reality) but siblings are always your siblings. 

Do what is best for your child, not what is best for your husband. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)