Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which person was wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
In the following situation who handled it incorrectly who handled it correctly? Both or neither?

Person 1 goes to go to the bathroom and start to use it when they notice no toilet paper. They remember there is some in the kitchen that never got put away, on their way down stairs they see person 2 headed for the bathroom with some clothes. 1 asks if 2 is getting dressed 2 says yes. 1 asks if they can use the restroom first. Or if 2 can change in the bedroom. 2 says no, they want to get dressed in the bathroom. 1 says they really have to go could 2 please get them as soon as they are done and please be as quick as possible. 2 says yes, no problem. 2 takes about an hour in the bathroom. By this time 1 has stopped waiting and is doing more chores. 2 goes straight into the living room and watches tv. 1 says "I'm a little mad at you, I feel like you have been rude all morning. It was rude to butt in line and it was rude to take so long when you knew I needed it and it was rude to promise to tell me when you were done and not do it. Can we both please try to be more considerate of one another?" 2 says "I feel like you have been really rude too you interrupted me a bunch of times on my way in to get dressed and gave me a list of demands after."

2 is now very mad at 1, and not speaking to them. 1 is still annoyed at 2, but doesn't think it's worth a fight. Wants to get over it. 2 says it is worth a fight, as 1 was extremely rude and needs to apologize.

They have 2 bathrooms but one of the toilets is broken right now. So, they both wanted the one with the good toilet.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM
2 was wrong but they need to get over it by now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I seriously hope these are kids and not parents.

This is the dumbest argument in the history of arguments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:08 AM

I think it doesn't matter, if 1 & 2 are both adults this is not a healthy relationship and these people should not be living together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Bust both their butts and put them to bed. I assume you're talking about CHILDREN and not your husband and yourself. If you are get some therapy.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Both.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM

2 was wrong.  There is no reason in the world to have to get dressed in the bathroom if they could get dressed in the bedroom.  

It's also why I will never again live in a house with only one bathroom.

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM
Why is anyone changing clothes in the bathroom for an hour? If it was me I probably would've told them they could go ahead and change their clothes in there but to expect me to be sitting on the pot peeing the whole time. Or, they could wait a minute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The person who insisted on getting dressed before the person who needed to use the bathroom was a douche. I could never live with or share a bathroom with someone like that. How rude and disrespectful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:12 AM
This too.

Neither person is wrong. The house is wrong for only having one bathroom.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

2 was wrong.  There is no reason in the world to have to get dressed in the bathroom if they could get dressed in the bedroom.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM
They usually have 2, but the toilet in one bathroom is broken right now.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)