Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my DS spit in my face

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies
I was telling my son he lost his outside time for not listening to me. As I was telling him he spit right in my face. He is almost 5. How would you deal with this. This behavior is over the top.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

id slap his face or spank him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Shit, it would be tough not to lose it. There would be a whole lot of chores going on, privileges lost, and my son is almost 7 and can write well so I would have him right something along the lines of spitting in someone's face is unacceptable like 100 times. Wow, I don't know.
LadyEmris
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
That is something I would pop in the mouth for. Then he’d be grounded.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:26 PM
I'd slap him in the mouth.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Take him in the bathroom and tell him if he likes spitting so much, he can spit into the tub until it's full.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this

His ass would be in Time Out for a very long time...NOT 5 minutes.

Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Slap him in the face, no tv, no video games, sit in time out for about half an hour, and he would have to eek out the best version of a hand written apology to get any privileges back.

And as a precursor for the anti-moms... yes, I would slap him in the face. In this house we learn real life consequences, not the fluffy bunny consequences. If you spit in someone's face out in the real world, there will be a lot more than a slap and a time out. And they need to learn these consequences NOW, not later.

progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't disagree with this idea, but wouldn't threaten with making him fill a bathtub. That is not possible and he be able to end the ordeal with the upper hand because he wouldn't actually fill the tub.

But filling something smaller, like a cup, sure.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Take him in the bathroom and tell him if he likes spitting so much, he can spit into the tub until it's full.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM
4 moms liked this
All these suggestions to 'slap his face' are trashy and ghetto as hell.
Time out and loss of privileges along with a discussion on why spitting on others is never okay.
No violence needed here.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM

That is the point, he won't be able to do it.  You DON'T say "You can't stop until it's full."  You DO say "If you like spitting so much you can spit into the tub until it's full."  

Quoting progressandjoy: I don't disagree with this idea, but wouldn't threaten with making him fill a bathtub. That is not possible and he be able to end the ordeal with the upper hand because he wouldn't actually fill the tub. But filling something smaller, like a cup, sure.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)