Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may be under investigation for fraud. 不不

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
About 6 months ago, I made a clearly satirical gofundme account asking for donations for moving expenses. It was political, quite hilarious, and pissed a few right wing people off. At the end, it clearly stated that all donations would go to medical cannabis research or the ACLU. The account raised $20 (LOLOL), and we got a check for $18. I made an $18 donation to the ACLU. Nothing in it was untrue or misrepresented whatsoever. It was just colorful and funny sarcastic satire intended to raise money for a good cause. It has been deleted.

My sister-in-law called last night and told my husband that I am being investigated for fraud due to the gofundme account. First off, I don't really know why the bitch is incapable of respecting boundaries I have clearly set time and again and keeping her nose out of our personal business. Second, what fraud?? There was no fraud. I'm sure there is no investigation considering I haven't been contacted by authorities. I'm sure it's nothing more than a pathetic small town rumor. Even if there was an active investigation, they can investigate to their little heart's content. I don't really care because there is no possible way to even misconstrue it as fraudulent.

Ugh, people are so annoying. Especially in small towns.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:06 PM
You need a job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Wait, why does your sil have inside info about this that you don't?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM
You're going away. Get your affairs in order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM
I have a job...

What does having a job have to do with raising money for medical research and the ACLU?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You need a job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Why is your SIL such a nosy dramatic harpy? Was she hoping to scare you lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM
Like I said, I'm sure it's just a stupid rumor. Neither of us even actually live in the state it's supposedly being investigated in. Lol! So dumb.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Wait, why does your sil have inside info about this that you don't?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM
How does she know this before you?
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM
I hate busybodies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:10 PM
I have no idea. We cut her off after she caused a bunch of drama when our daughter was in the hospital. I can't stand her, and she isn't allowed around our kids.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why is your SIL such a nosy dramatic harpy? Was she hoping to scare you lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM
I'm sure it's just a rumor. She is an idiot.

Quoting Anonymous 5: How does she know this before you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)