Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, your gf kids are not invited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 275 Replies
3 moms liked this
My 9 year old is having a birthday party 2 weeks from now. She wanted to invite her dad which was fine with me so I sent him an invitation. The party is at a local Jump Zone that has bounce houses, later tag, arcade games as well as Pizza and other food. I am paying $15 per kid.

My ex responded that he would be there with his girlfriend's three kids. I said no that they were not invited. He was invited. My daughter specifically told me she doesn't want his girlfriend's kids there because he always pays more attention to them. One of them has autism though it seems like a very mild form but because of that she feels like he pays more attention to them. Besides I'm only allowing her to invite 15 kids so if he brought those three kids she would have to take three people off her list. Obviously the invitations haven't been sent out yet.

Anyway he said that his girlfriend is working so if he can't take the kids he can't come. I asked him why he's putting his girlfriend's kids before his own child. What did his girlfriend do before they got together 6 months ago? Why can't he put his own child first this one time? I told him that if he doesn't show up she's going to be very her because she will know it's because he's choosing his girlfriend's kids over her. He threatened to take me to court for parent alienation because not allowing his girlfriend's kids to come is basically like saying he can't come. Which is hilarious because not inviting him to a birthday party I am paying for isn't even parent alienation anyway.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:31 PM
Bump
redbottoms
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM
12 moms liked this
Well honestly this is why I think parents need to do separate celebrations when they are divorced. Because you did not really consult him about the time or date of the party but now he is pressured to show up. And then he wants to bring his girlfriend's kids etc. I would just tell him he can come alone or not at all and do his own party for her if he chooses. Personally if DH and I split up he would not even be invited to their birthday parties I throw. He can throw them their own if he wants to on his custody time.
.Keke.
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM
7 moms liked this
Ask him to pay for them and she also has to buy your kid a gift. As for your kid not wanting them there seems to me that’s only because you don’t want them there.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:34 PM
8 moms liked this
They can get a babysitter for a couple hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
No she doesn't want them there because he always pays more attention to that. It's bad enough that he does that when she's over at his house but for them to get more of his attention on her birthday is ridiculous

Quoting .Keke.: Ask him to pay for them and she also has to buy your kid a gift. As for your kid not wanting them there seems to me that’s only because you don’t want them there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
So much ghetto.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem doing separate celebrations. But since I know he's not going to do anything I thought the nice thing to do was invite him since she wanted that. That does not however mean that I have to consult him on the time location or guest list

Quoting redbottoms: Well honestly this is why I think parents need to do separate celebrations when they are divorced. Because you did not really consult him about the time or date of the party but now he is pressured to show up. And then he wants to bring his girlfriend's kids etc. I would just tell him he can come alone or not at all and do his own party for her if he chooses. Personally if DH and I split up he would not even be invited to their birthday parties I throw. He can throw them their own if he wants to on his custody time.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I doubt that 100% of the kids invited will show. You’re being a bit of a jerk in my opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd let them come, just say they have to pay their own way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM
27 moms liked this

I don't blame your daughter.  She's wanting her dad's attention, and instead he wants to bring three children that aren't his, so your daughter won't even have his attention at all on her special day.  It's a shame he can't see that he's the one causing his own alienation from her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)