Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel free to share your child loss stories here.

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:51 PM
  • 27 Replies

Hi, my name is Sharen. I have 3 kids here on earth, Lieleen, 7, Leylany, 4, and Brealyna who is 1. A year after Lieleen, came baby Jared. Jared was delivered ate 32 weeks. He spent almost 2 weeks in the NICU. When he was 1, he had 2 seizures in a row. We brought him to the hosoital, where he stayed over night. They got him on a seizure medication. All was calm until we brought Leylany home. He was 2, and we heard from his room "Mama, no sister! No sister! HELP!! HELP!!" So I ran in, and Jared was in tears on the floor. We looked at the cameras we had set up in his room to moitor for seizures. He was standing at the edge of his crib and he had a seziure and fell. He was diagnosed with epilepsy and a small brain tumor. Right before his 3rd birthday, he had a stroke. He spent his 3rd birthday in the hospital. It was amazing, his favorite nurse bought him a present, let us bring food and pesenrs and decorate. But on December 13th, 2008, he passed away after having 2 seizures and a stroke. When she gets older, Brealyn will be aware of her brother. Fell free to share your child loss stories here:)crying mini

by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM
Oh wow I am sorry!!!
applebanana4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Thank you:) But it is not your fault.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh wow I am sorry!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:01 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. 

My son, Cary, and my daughter in law, Lana, died in a car accident when they were 36 and 34. My grandson was also seriously injured, but thankfully he's alive and very healthy now. 

applebanana4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:04 PM

I bet your son and daughter in law are wtahcing over you and taking care of my son in Heaven. Sorry if you are not Christian. And prayers that your grandson stays healthy:) Howold is he?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm sorry for your loss. 

My son, Cary, and my daughter in law, Lana, died in a car accident when they were 36 and 34. My grandson was also seriously injured, but thankfully he's alive and very healthy now. 

jesusismyfriend
by Love All on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I made a post like this a few years ago. I'm sorry for anyone's loss and I hope people feel free to share their angels here.

I have one angel. His name is Amadeus. I lost him at 14 weeks gestation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of Jared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM

It's okay. Well wishes are well wishes. Thank you very much. 

He's 17 now. He was 12 then. He spent almost a year in the hospital initially. 

Quoting applebanana4:

I bet your son and daughter in law are wtahcing over you and taking care of my son in Heaven. Sorry if you are not Christian. And prayers that your grandson stays healthy:) Howold is he?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm sorry for your loss. 

thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:10 PM

I have been fortunate to not lose a child. Honestly I cannot imagine. I did lose my precious kitty yesterday. It is killing me. I feel guilty trying to move on. I cry off and on throughout the day. I miss her pretty little face. 

My friend lost her teen daughter in the spring. She still mourns for her. Death is so heartbreaking :(

applebanana4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Love your screen name! There is something strange though, we almost named Jared Amadeus. Love the name! Maybe Jared and Amadeus are playing together in Heaven.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

I made a post like this a few years ago. I'm sorry for anyone's loss and I hope people feel free to share their angels here.

I have one angel. His name is Amadeus. I lost him at 14 weeks gestation.

applebanana4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Lost my kitty last weekend, I still cry at night sometimes. And my friends son, 15, overdoes on aspirin 1 month ago. I am sorry for your loss.

Quoting thebadkitty:

I have been fortunate to not lose a child. Honestly I cannot imagine. I did lose my precious kitty yesterday. It is killing me. I feel guilty trying to move on. I cry off and on throughout the day. I miss her pretty little face. 

My friend lost her teen daughter in the spring. She still mourns for her. Death is so heartbreaking :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)