Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 year old saying screw you?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM
  • 31 Replies
My oldest isnt thrilled with me. He told his 8 year old sister jokingly screw you. I got on to him because I find it rude and disrespectful. I am very old fashioned when it comes to children and curse words. I told him that when he is with his friends that i cant control how he talks but in my house he will not say that. He is also not allowed to cuss. He tried to argue that everyone says that in school but i told him that wasn't a valid argument. He is now grounded
But on the flip side, i am not angry because i know that this is totally normal and well, he being autistic, he isnt quite normal lol
What say you? Am i being a old fuddy duddy?
by on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:40 PM
I don't think it's normal at all.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
That is not cursing IMO. I would have no issue with it and would not punish for it either. It's your house though so you have to parent the way that works for you.
girlywifey
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:41 PM
I don't like it either but I think grounding is a little harsh.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM
The grounding is mostly from his fit throwing and crying because I wouldn't accept his argument

Quoting girlywifey: I don't like it either but I think grounding is a little harsh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess its debatable. It's not really cursing. I cuss like a sailor and sometimes it slips out in front of my kids. I tell them those are grown up words, because I know they'd call me out if I told them they're bad words.
I do agree that what he said is disrespectful and a bad example to set for his younger sister.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:44 PM
Grounding him was overkill
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:44 PM
Didn't mean to go anon. Whoops.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I guess its debatable. It's not really cursing. I cuss like a sailor and sometimes it slips out in front of my kids. I tell them those are grown up words, because I know they'd call me out if I told them they're bad words.
I do agree that what he said is disrespectful and a bad example to set for his younger sister.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:45 PM
It's the same as saying f*ck you, my kid would be in trouble too. 😒
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Grounding was because of his fit throwing and crying because I wouldn't accept his argument

Quoting Anonymous 3: Grounding him was overkill
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:46 PM
I was not happy to say the least

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's the same as saying f*ck you, my kid would be in trouble too. 😒
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)