Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tips for fleas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
We got the advantex or whatever it's called and it didn't help. I need any tips here. So fucking sick of them
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nussknacker
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM

Nothing that I could buy without a vet worked. Finally I heard about Bravecto. I get it from the vet. It is pricey, but my dogs have not had fleas now for a few years. It is a meat flavored pill . Supposedf to last 3 months, but for my dogs it works for 6!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:52 PM
The only thing that got rid of fleas and ticks, was moving north. Almost as soon as we moved, no more bugs on the dogs. They haven't had any fleas/ticks since. Nothing else worked, and we tried everything. It wasn't the reason we moved, but it was most certainly a good perk of it.
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:56 PM
Seresto collar and treat your yard. I use an organic spray that is kid and pet friendly. The yard spray is key.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:57 PM

I buy flea meds from the vet.  And it will take a couple of months to fully get rid of them from the animal.

If the issue is in your house ...

a bowl of water with liquid dish soap in it under a light will attract them and kill them.  You'll have to change the water when it's full of fleas and it will take a while to get them all.  For me it only took a couple of weeks, but some people have to do it for a few months to end the life cycle.  It just depends on how many of them are in your house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 9:58 PM
How much is it for you dog? I got one dog and 3 cats so money can be an issue but if it actually lasts that long and works then it's worth it

Quoting nussknacker:

Nothing that I could buy without a vet worked. Finally I heard about Bravecto. I get it from the vet. It is pricey, but my dogs have not had fleas now for a few years. It is a meat flavored pill . Supposedf to last 3 months, but for my dogs it works for 6!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:05 PM
I live in WI so I'm pretty north already. Last year when it happened the meds took care of it. This year it's much worse :(hopefully winter helps

Quoting Anonymous 2: The only thing that got rid of fleas and ticks, was moving north. Almost as soon as we moved, no more bugs on the dogs. They haven't had any fleas/ticks since. Nothing else worked, and we tried everything. It wasn't the reason we moved, but it was most certainly a good perk of it.
Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:05 PM
We have 1 dog and 2 cats, they were covered in fleas and so was the house. No matter what we did we couldn't get rid of the damn things, they were like mutant fleas. Then we spent the money and bought Seresto flea collars from chewy.com. And with in a few weeks, not only were the animals flea free, so was our house. We haven't seen a flea on them or in the house in almost a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Train them and start a flea circus
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:08 PM
Get flea shampoo and spray your house down with flea spray
Element5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:09 PM
If you are in the warm climate as I am ( Fl) only rx works. Fleas are beyond resistant to anything like frontline or anything else over the counter. My dogs are on monthly pills.

Vet here told me since no winters and fleas do not die out the companies test new products here. Let me know if you need the med name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)