Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not going 2 c ur play bc your ex will be there ? No

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
so I have just started dating again a man I dated before becoming a mom. I'm putting it that way because I got pregnant in 2010 through a sperm donor right after breaking up with this man. I felt that my clock was ticking and he wasn't ready .
I went ahead , got pregnant and moved on with my life . We stayed friends and texted each other and saw each other a few times and for the last two years he has been pretty close to my son. We recently started to be closer too.
Well he knew that I was going to take my son to see his play this Sunday . We talked about it and he event texted me about the tickets .
Last night , when he was leaving my place , I told him "see you on Sunday ". He almost had a heart attack . I knew right away something was wrong and probably something relayed to someone being there . He was speechless but I know him well since we have been friends since 2004 and I could tell
Something big was going on. He said he thought I was going on Saturday . Finally he said it. He said the girl he dated when I broke up with him was going to be at the play. They broke up maybe 3 years ago but she always thought him had some kind of connection and she found my number and called me a few times . I think she feared that my son was his and he wasn't telling her .
Anyway , I was going to go to the play with my son and his godmother and two other friends but judging from how his heart almost died in my living room, I told him that I was not going to go. My son was pretty upset today as he adores him.
He sent me a text and he said I should still go but I really want nothing to do with that situation . Am I overreacting?
Also, I'm not sure about dating him again since the way he behaved last night was shady . He almost fainted so he's probably having something going on with her .
Now am I really overreacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
To much drama
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM
That's what I think so I'm not putting myself and my kid in that situation

Quoting Anonymous 2: To much drama
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

if its his ex from 3 yo why does he care?only reason i can think of is..shes not an ex..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM
2/10
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:23 PM
Same here

Quoting quinnsmom715:

if its his ex from 3 yo why does he care?only reason i can think of is..shes not an ex..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let anything keep me from going if I wanted to go. And I wouldn't let my son be disappointed over something like this.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:25 PM

yeah i'd be going... his ex sure wouldn't stop me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
She's not an ex and he's playing you both. Drop him like a hot potato.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:26 PM
I would cut ties with him completely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)