Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you actually enjoy your birthday?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
My birthday is Monday and I just feel blah about it. Normally I look forward to it a little, there is cake lol, but not this year. I'm turning 26. When did you start to feel indifferent to birthdays?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM
I love my birthday! DH treats me like a queen and I get all kinds of well wishes. It's one of my favorite days!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:54 PM
I have never really enjoyed my birthday or done anything special for myself. I just treat it like any other day.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM
I'm 55 and I still enjoy my birthday. You must be doing it wrong.
Maddiesmommy11
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM
I love birthdays even though ill be 31 this year! Happy early birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ‰
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM

I am 38. I haven't enjoyed my bday in years. Probably since my early 20s. Its long been just another day to me. 

macawoogo
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM
I hate birthdays. My dh and I are poor and can't afford anything. My kids don't ever do anything except one and a card and call. I will be turning sixty this year
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:57 PM

I'm turning 34 and I enjoy it because I don't take the kids and can have a meal without being asked for something or having to clean anything up.

Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:57 PM
I haven't done anything for my birthday in 15 years. My dad died 5 days after my birthday and for reasons of that, I haven't celebrated since.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 61 and still make it a big deal!  Always have.  When I was turning 60, I planned a huge thing in Hawaii - told all my kids (all adults) that they had to attend, lol (we paid), even my brother and his family showed up.  Big dinner, days on the beach, had a GREAT time!

Normally, it's cake, dinner out, stuff like that.  I don't really care much about presents - I have most everything I need and want.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2017 at 10:58 PM
Well, I'm a single mom. The birthday person does get to choose dinner, but most years I choose whatever my son wants since a happy child means a peaceful dinner. But that's the extent of my birthday.

Quoting DensHag: I'm 55 and I still enjoy my birthday. You must be doing it wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)