Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give me your best...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
... morning sickness relief tips!

I've tried everything I could think of and nothing is helping! I've even gotten zofran from my doctor and that isn't even working.
Tell me whatcha got!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Just throw up. I know it sounds gross. But I learned if I try to hold it in, I'd be sick all day, but if I just gave into first thing in the morning, I was fine the rest of the day. Thankfully mine was only at the very beginning and very end.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Don't get pregnant. Lol
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM

The only thing that worked for me was not being pregnant anymore. lol

A big good luck to you, though. Have you tried the queasy drops or preggo pops?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Benadryl. It takes the edge off. You can get the liquid Benadryl and only take like 3 ml or so. It's safe to take while pregnant. For me it worked better than zofran.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Before you get out of bed sip on room temp flat ginger ale and saltine crackers

Ash452345
by MamaBear on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:22 AM
I used to chew peppermint gum, that soothe my tummy or ginger candies
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:23 AM
I would sip on lemon water or lime water. The citrus helped alot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:23 AM
You're taking zolfran while pregnant? I thought they changed it saying that was no longer safe to take during pregnancy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:24 AM
FDA Warns Against Zofran Use in Pregnancy

The FDA has issued an updated warning against Ondansetran, better known by its brand name, Zofran, use in pregnancy discussed in OBGYN News. Zofran is a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist approved by the FDA for preventing nausea and vomiting related to cancer chemotherapy and surgery. It has been used off-label to treat nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Based on recent studies regarding the association between Zofran use in early pregnancy and congenital cardiac malformations and oral clefts (cleft lip and palate), the FDA has cautioned against its use in pregnancy. There are also potential maternal risks associated with taking Zofran especially in pregnant women with electrolyte imbalance due to severe nausea and vomiting. These risks include the Serotonin Syndrome which is a triad of cognitive or behavioral changes including confusion, agitation, autonomic instability, and neuromuscular changes. Therefore Zofran should not be taken during pregnancy.

Doxylamine succinate and pyridoxine hydrochloride known as Diclegis is the only Pregnancy Category A, FDA-approved prescription for morning sickness. This anti-nausea medication provides a safer alternative to pregnant women experiencing nausea and vomiting.
muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Saltines before you even get out of bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)