Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I Wrong To Yell At Other People's Kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
So this afternoon I was driving out my neighborhood on my way to work and three tweens were walking in the road coming towards me. When I passed them, one of the girls threw a bucket full of birdseed on my windshield. Now, I'm normally not confrontational, but I wasn't in greatest mood today and when they threw that stuff on my windshield it just really got to me. So I whipped my car around and they started running towards their house. They ran up into their driveway and I pulled up and they were hiding behind the cars and I said,"Come here." And they just looked at me and I said,"Come here!" And they came over there and I said, "How old are you?"
"11."
"Have you ever driven a car before?"
"No."
"Okay, well, cars are dangerous. They're basically loaded guns. Cars can kill people. If you throw something on someone's windshield, you can obstruct their vision and cause them to wreck and die. You could kill someone. You say you're 11? You're old enough to know better."
And they just kind of looked at each and the little girl said,"It was a dare."
And I said,"A dare? So if they dared you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? Time to start being a leader and not a follower, kid."
They just looked at me and I said, "And now, because I had to stop and teach you all a lesson in responsibility, I'm going to be late for work. Get in your house and read a book and stay out of trouble before I call your parents."
One boy started to speak and I said,"No. This is conversation is over. Book. House. Now." And I pointed to the house and they all went inside.
😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kriskash25
by Kristina on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:13 AM
Good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:15 AM
I'm sure this didn't happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Yes, I think you were wrong. You could have taught them that lesson without being so mean.
squeekers
by squeekers on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM
OH yeah, very uncool.
dominic062407
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM
Nope I would have been talking to parents regardless but my four young children are always in the car with me and someone messing with me when they're with me will piss me off in a hurry
RobJar
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM
How was she mean? Mean would have been calling the cops or the kids parents.

Smh.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes, I think you were wrong. You could have taught them that lesson without being so mean.
Dinimon
by NoName on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM
You probably handled it better than I would've. And I'm not the least bit confrontational.
Ash452345
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Good for you! Teach those kids a lesson lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:19 AM

It really did! I couldn't believe it, after it was over. 'Cafemom moments' don't normally happen to me in real life.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sure this didn't happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quoting RobJar: How was she mean? Mean would have been calling the cops or the kids parents.

Smh.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes, I think you were wrong. You could have taught them that lesson without being so mean.

She said she yelled at them, she cut them off and would not allow them to explain themselves, she was rude and rather than explaining to them with concern she explained it to them angry and then felt the need to "punish" them by telling them they had to go inside and read. She was extremely disrespectful and in my opinion that is mean. I do not feel it is ever necessary to be disrespectful to anyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)