Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd amendment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Do you support it? I am a strong supporter and just got my concealed carry permit. DH got his too. DD has a 9mm but can't have it in her dorm room, When she moves to an apartment she wants to get it then. We are also new members of the NRA. 

What kind of gun do you have? I have a Glock 9mm and so does DH. Hollow point bullets. We also have a pump shotgun and a rifle.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:22 AM

I am, but I also think there are times, places, and reasons for guns.  Paranoia is not one of them.  Practice at the range is imperative - regular practice, at least monthly.  Safety instruction.  I also hope you are well versed on the laws of your state.

We own guns.  My husband has a CCL, but rarely carries.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:22 AM

Yes.. We have firearms in the house and we just bought a safe for our room on Wednesday after an incident that scared us both. I told DH I need to go to the range as I have not fired a gun in 20 years and I don't feel confident. I told him I also want to teach the girls how to handle a gun safely. He looked into it and our youngest is 9 and not old enough to go back to the range, but our oldest is almost 12 and is old enough. He agrees that it is best for us to go and he wants to buy me my own gun as well. I don't feel the need for CC, but I don't knock those that do. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Yup. DH has a shot gun and a 45, he makes his own rounds and we are looking at purchasing a few more guns. I want a revolver and an AR-15. We will be getting a safe and are looking at getting concealed carry permits.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM

I think it's stupid to carry a gun.

poietes
by Laura on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM
We are a hunting family so...of course.
BeautifulMomof1
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM
I'm a supporter . .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:42 AM
I agree with this. I had an ex who used to carry EVERYWHERE and it was ridiculous. Like, even just going into our own garage. Ended up getting him in trouble too. But he was crazy and over the top with it.

DH now has his permit to carry and it's in the truck at all times, but he never really carries it on his person. That's reasonable.

But yes, I'm all for the 2nd amendment and we teach our kids the same. DS is actually out shooting with his grandpa right now.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I am, but I also think there are times, places, and reasons for guns.  Paranoia is not one of them.  Practice at the range is imperative - regular practice, at least monthly.  Safety instruction.  I also hope you are well versed on the laws of your state.

We own guns.  My husband has a CCL, but rarely carries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:49 AM

No. I think it was necessary back then, it's not anymore. Furthermore, when it was created, we didn't have the type of firearms that we have now. It should be revised.

mrsmom110
by NO on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Yes I am.  

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:57 AM
I honestly think we need less guns in the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)