Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So the last will be first * A Christian post*

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

Matthew 20:1-16New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Today we celebrate our 125th at the Church! So excited! 

by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:57 AM
Okay so what's the hidden meaning behind this bible verse???
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay so what's the hidden meaning behind this bible verse???

Which verse? there are a lot of verses there. Just want to be sure so that I can answer your question fully. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:32 AM
I meant this one you posted, obviously

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay so what's the hidden meaning behind this bible verse???

Which verse? there are a lot of verses there. Just want to be sure so that I can answer your question fully. 

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: I meant this one you posted, obviously
Quoting lovemercygrace:

I dont know if your intention was to be snarky, but that is how it is coming across,. But regaurdless I will answer your question. 

Positions of honor or prestige in this life by no means assure heavenly approval; indeed, often the reverse will be true. Similarly, as the following parable illustrates  length of earthly labor may not correspond to one’s heavenly reward.

Incase you were wondering, the parable is only a hard saying for those who fail to recognize their absolute dependence on grace for any good thing from God’s hand. There is no room for a Christian to be jealous of the good gifts God has given to another.

Both were taken from Bible gateway, I will give credit where credit is due, Sometimes it is hard for me to get the words out and make it make sense, it makes sense in my head, but when it comes out, its all wonky. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Thank you for posting OP.... And when your talking about the whole thing I believe its called a passage.. Verse is each part..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Really? I didnt get this from that passage.. Which is why I have such a hard time reading the bible. (Apparently not smart enough)...

I took away, that even those just coming to accept Jesus and do his work will be rewarded the same as those who have loved Jesus since they were children.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

I dont know if your intention was to be snarky, but that is how it is coming across,. But regaurdless I will answer your question. 

Positions of honor or prestige in this life by no means assure heavenly approval; indeed, often the reverse will be true. Similarly, as the following parable illustrates  length of earthly labor may not correspond to one’s heavenly reward.

Incase you were wondering, the parable is only a hard saying for those who fail to recognize their absolute dependence on grace for any good thing from God’s hand. There is no room for a Christian to be jealous of the good gifts God has given to another.

Both were taken from Bible gateway, I will give credit where credit is due, Sometimes it is hard for me to get the words out and make it make sense, it makes sense in my head, but when it comes out, its all wonky. 

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Really? I didnt get this from that passage.. Which is why I have such a hard time reading the bible. (Apparently not smart enough)... I took away, that even those just coming to accept Jesus and do his work will be rewarded the same as those who have loved Jesus since they were children.
Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Dont say your not smart enough! You are a very smart lady! :) Sometimes it takes time to understand the verses, there are some times where I have to read the same passage over and over again before I get it.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM
The last will be first..... that gives me hope. The blind will see, the paralytic will walk, and we'll all be made whole, if not in this life, then in the next. Praise God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for clarifying and I have read some parts of the Bible before. This made me cry, thank you for sharing. Wish I could hug you. 😢

Quoting Anonymous 2: Really? I didnt get this from that passage.. Which is why I have such a hard time reading the bible. (Apparently not smart enough)...

I took away, that even those just coming to accept Jesus and do his work will be rewarded the same as those who have loved Jesus since they were children.

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)