Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're not a Christian .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
What are you doing in this life? What is your purpose? Are you just having fun until it's done or what?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:34 AM
7 moms liked this

To help people who need help.

To do the next right thing every day.

To pursue self-actualization.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM
5 moms liked this

Why would being a Christian change your purpose in life?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM
All of that but with no hope of their being some sort of afterlife? Just when its done, its done?

Quoting corticosteroid:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM
7 moms liked this
What are you doing in this life as a Christian that's any different than someone who isn't? Every one is just living. Day by day. What does your religion have to do with finding your purpose in life? If you feel your only purpose is to follow your religion that's on you.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM
9 moms liked this

Anyone who thinks there are no dumb questions should read this one... 🙄

Simo,e answer for the simple minded: this isn't a Christian site, it's a mother's site. Therefore ALL Mothers, regardless of religion are here to share experiences, and to ask and give each other advice on mothering issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM
Being a Christian I THINK, gives hope for what is to come.. I'm trying to look into the thoughts and minds of those who have no hope for anything to come after they die.. Does it change ones desires in life, or is it more depressing to think after your dead your gone. Just biodegradable food in the ground.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm living my life, loving my family, raising my children to be good and caring people, helping others when I can... why do Christians think that you are either a Christian or you are living in a non-stop rave? I'm probably doing most of the same things you are doing minus going to church. I don't need a 2000 year old book or God to tell me right from wrong. I just need to ask myself if something is hurting anyone other than the person doing it. If the answer is no, then it's not my business.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Do you know there are plenty of religions out there who believe in an afterlife...?

Not that- again- that has anything to do,with parenting. 🙄

Quoting Anonymous 1: All of that but with no hope of their being some sort of afterlife? Just when its done, its done?
Quoting corticosteroid:

WildWonder
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this
I do a lot of the same things my very Christian friend does. We both work. We both love and care for our families. We both volunteer. We both treat people with respect. We both want what's best for the people we love. We're both kind and helpful to our neighbors.

I just don't believe in God. I can still live my life and be a good person.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Being Jewish does the same for me. So? Why would that make me more qualified to be in a parenting site?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Being a Christian I THINK, gives hope for what is to come.. I'm trying to look into the thoughts and minds of those who have no hope for anything to come after they die.. Does it change ones desires in life, or is it more depressing to think after your dead your gone. Just biodegradable food in the ground.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)