Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He took my medicine!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Dh has a family member who has a Rx drug problem. I had surgery last summer and they gave me pain meds. I only had to take 1 dose, so I put the rest up. Because of this family member, I put it in a spot away from the rest of the medicines. Top shelf in a kitchen cabinet at the very back so you couldn't see it. Then stuff was in front. Today I was rearranging cabinets and remembered about the meds and went to get them to dispose of them. They were gone. I searched high and low. Dh doesn't take Advil and he didn't touch it. I am so angry and feel violated. I know I can't prove family member took it so I will not say a word to anyone else. We don't have any other rx meds but I am buying a meds lock box in case this happens again.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkdragon36
by No on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:43 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM
I understand where you are coming from. Just try to keep a distance from that family member.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:57 AM
When would he have been in your home long enough to go through your kitchen cabinet without anyone noticing ? Are you sure DH didn't give them to him or throw them away ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I do. He's never here if we aren't. I feel violated. His mother doesn't want to admit he has a problem. He's been arrested multiple times but able to gain the system by going through "rehab" and getting charges dismissed. (Rehab is in quotes because we have found that there are more drugs available in rehab than on the street!)

Quoting Anonymous 2: I understand where you are coming from. Just try to keep a distance from that family member.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM
We have family parties here. I try to keep eyes on the kitchen but there are times I can't. Dh wouldn't have given them to the family member. Trust me. Throw away? Maybe but that's a stretch for Dh.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: When would he have been in your home long enough to go through your kitchen cabinet without anyone noticing ? Are you sure DH didn't give them to him or throw them away ?
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM
how about just don't let them come over anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM
I hate that we can't invite him to family parties anymore (we host most because of our location and size of house). The lock box might be the better approach right now.

Quoting SAHMJC: how about just don't let them come over anymore
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM
This.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: When would he have been in your home long enough to go through your kitchen cabinet without anyone noticing ? Are you sure DH didn't give them to him or throw them away ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM
I know there are more drugs in rehab then the streets. One can only get off drugs or stop smoking if they want to.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do. He's never here if we aren't. I feel violated. His mother doesn't want to admit he has a problem. He's been arrested multiple times but able to gain the system by going through "rehab" and getting charges dismissed. (Rehab is in quotes because we have found that there are more drugs available in rehab than on the street!)

Quoting Anonymous 2: I understand where you are coming from. Just try to keep a distance from that family member.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother did that once. He stole around 60 in cash from my purse, a pack of cigarettes, and emptied dds piggy bank. And took what was remaining, about half to 3/4 of thenbottle, of meds I had on the counter, leaving the empty bottle. Joke was on him though because they were basically prescription strength exlax.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)