Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SD16 got a passport and left the country behind everyones back to meet her foreign boyfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 368 Replies

We havent heard from her in over 24 hours. BM came home from work to find that she was gone. She left a note saying she was going to the UK to meet her boyfriend. 

At first BM thought she must be joking or something but after checking her bank account she found out she wasnt. SD bought a plane ticket and according to the airports it landed safely. However we still havent heard from her. 

We tried getting in contact with the guy and we have heard nothing. We have no idea where she is, if she is safe, or even if he is really who he said he was

She had asked BM to go meet him over the summer but she said no because it was too far and they had no idea who he was. She met this guy through a school project (it was like a penpal type thing) 

BM has been trying to figure out who his parents are or anything about him to make sure DD is okay. It isnt like the police can do anything here or there. 

I havent slept all night. DH and I were up all night just worried. 

We never would have thought she would do something like this. She used just about every single penny she had saved for a car to buy plane tickets. We still arent sure how she got a passport because there is no indication of it in the bank account which means she paid another way. 

BM and DH have left messages and emails on every avenue they can think of to tell her to let them know she is at least safe but they have heard nothing. 

ETA: In the US at 16+ you can get a passport without parental permission 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Hmmmmm.... I've read this before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:09 AM

this has been done before.

1/10

conweis
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
In the States, minors need parents' to get their passport.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Seems like there's a good chance she's a sex slave somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
You haven't even contacted the police?? You missed your chance. The American consulate could have met her at the airport and turned her around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Holy crap.
My kids asked permission to go to the Mall. They worked hard at school and at part time jobs, saving money for college and didn't even have a serious boyfriend or girlfriend. They actually liked being at home with us until they were graduates and had their own careers.
Your story is so depressing.
I hope it's not true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM

BM did as soon as she found out. There is nothing they can do. She was gone before we even knew what was going on 

Quoting Anonymous 4: You haven't even contacted the police?? You missed your chance. The American consulate could have met her at the airport and turned her around.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM

I was thinking the same thing, maybe they aren't from the states?

Quoting conweis: In the States, minors need parents' to get their passport.

Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Wasn't this done before?  Only it was out of canada and the kid could do all this without parental consent due to the age limits up there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Good point.
I suspect this isn't true.
Anyway I hope it's not true.

Quoting conweis: In the States, minors need parents' to get their passport.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)