Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wtf! How did I gain weight! Went from 1680 calories a day to 0.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
I am beyond confused right now! Two weeks ago I started a major diet. I cut all soda. Drank ONLY WATER! And drank diet soda once a day for the caffine. I cut down on food. And when I got hungry ate cheese, apples, grapes, etc ect.

Well today when I looked in the mirror I could tell I lost weight. My clothes fit not so tight anymore. I thought great I am going to weigh myself. So I stepped on the scale it said I GAINED WEIGHT!

Do you know how many calories are in regular soda! I used to drink regular soda all day. Then I went from regular soda 280 calories a can to water which is 0! I used to drink 6 can a day or more that is 1680 calories a day to 0 calories! And I gained weight. In which universe does that work!

I am so mad. I used so much willpower and tried so hard to get healthy and loose weight and apperently it doesn't matter!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Don't worry about the number on the scale. Keep up what you're doing. Go by how your clothes feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this
When you starve your body it hordes all the calories it does get while also slowing your metabolism way down. You will become skinny fat and starve your body on a cellular level which will make you look and feel older.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Muscle weighs more than fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM

The weight gain could be caused by muscle gain versus fat gain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Diet soda not good for you. Your body needs more time to adjust. It will happen given time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol. She only cut out soda. Not powerlifting. Also muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1 lb of muscle is the same as 1 lb of fat. It's just more compact and takes less space.

Quoting corticosteroid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM
You. It out soda/ pop which makes you bloat that's why your clothes are fitting better now. Keep making changes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Keep going you will lose
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

So you're saying that a smaller amount of muscle weighs the same as a larger amount of fat?  

Quoting Anonymous 6: Lol. She only cut out soda. Not powerlifting. Also muscle does not weigh more than fat. 1 lb of muscle is the same as 1 lb of fat. It's just more compact and takes less space.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 2:53 PM
My biggest challenge area are my thighs. They are huge! Whenever I try to lose weight both by eating healthy and exercising, I show weight loss on the scale, in my face, my boobs shrink but my thighs get bigger - even to the point of my pant legs not fitting anymore. It is beyond frustrating and I stop. It sabotages me every time I get to about 30-40 pounds down. Then I regain weight and my thighs are still that big. It's a frustrating cycle I hope to one day break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)