Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going out to eat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

DH and I usually eat out 3-4 times a month. It might be McDonald's or a buffet or the steakhouse. It is usually on paydays. I am on disability and get "paid" once a month. My check pays the rent and he pays all the other bills. All our money goes into a joint account. We are not late on any bills and often pay ahead. Some family members say we shouldn't eat out because I am on disability/ What?!? I didn't  want to get MS! I worked as long as I physically could!  But it is OUR money and we will do what we want! Would you be upset about this?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quit telling them your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM

No, I would not be upset by this. I am so sorry that you have MS. Anyone who has an actual disability and can not work deserves to be able to go out to eat or have extras as they didn't purposely give themselves a disability.

Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:16 PM
It's not like you're going to magically get off of disability by not eating out. Hell, even if you could that's simply not something I care about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM
Would I get upset about adults who I'm not financing going out to eat? Is that the question? If so, the answer is no. I'm poor as shit, but my SO takes me out to eat several times a month. That's nobodies business but ours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Why are you telling them?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:22 PM
No, I wouldn't be upset.
jcm3
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:23 PM
Fuck them

Quoting Anonymous 1:

DH and I usually eat out 3-4 times a month. It might be McDonald's or a buffet or the steakhouse. It is usually on paydays. I am on disability and get "paid" once a month. My check pays the rent and he pays all the other bills. All our money goes into a joint account. We are not late on any bills and often pay ahead. Some family members say we shouldn't eat out because I am on disability/ What?!? I didn't  want to get MS! I worked as long as I physically could!  But it is OUR money and we will do what we want! Would you be upset about this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM
The day they are supporting you is the day it should bother you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 5:26 PM

I think eating out or whatever you like to do for enjoyment is important occasionally. Once a week is probably a bit much if you have tight finances. I'd save for future medical equipment and expenses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)