Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child screaming for 30+ minutes *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
At what point do you finally leave a public place if your child has been screaming for absolutely no reason.

We got here the kid was screaming she hasn't stopped screaming. She's clearly distraught. Parents are unphased by the screaming.

We are at a public playground

*edit*
To add the parents were engaging with her so no I wasn't getting involved I had my own kids to pay attention to. They asked her several times to stop. They were attentive so no reason to judge them for disciplining or neglecting her. They did have other children playing and enjoying the playground. We left after being there for 45-50 minutes it was getting buggy out. She was still screaming. Not my kid not my problem but it was annoying AF and I would have taken my kid and left. The only time my kids cry while having fun is if they get hurt. They know better than to pull crap like this in public or at home for that matter.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM
I would ask her if she is ok and when her parents notice I would say something to then about being a parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:25 PM
My kid never screamed for any length of time, for any reason. I always just ignored other people's kids, especially at a public playground.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:25 PM
Not long at all.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
No more than 5 minutes. That's just not right.
MomInANutHouse
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:26 PM
Maybe she is in time out and the parents are waiting till she stops screaming to let her up.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM
I hate listening to my own children scream so after five minutes that would piss me off.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 24, 2017 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

I'd probably huff loudly and glare side eye at whichever adult was responsible for the screamer as I gathered up DS to leave.

Quoting nmkj: I hate listening to my own children scream so after five minutes that would piss me off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that might be the same kid that was screaming 20 minutes straight at my daughter's soccer game yesterday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:01 PM
If you are at a public playground, I'd just ignore it. The parents are probably choosing not to feed into it. It's not like this is happening in a restaurant or store.
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
30 minutes is excessive

Quoting Anonymous 4: If you are at a public playground, I'd just ignore it. The parents are probably choosing not to feed into it. It's not like this is happening in a restaurant or store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)