Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His mom asked me for a DNA test ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies
My dh and I just had a baby 2 months ago and mil asked me if I'd be willing to take a DNA test .Dh and I have been married for 3 and a half years , idk why she'd ask me for a DNA test to be done on DS . Dh said she was being her but I'm offended!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:20 PM
10 moms liked this
You have a right to be offended. Your DH should have put her in her place. You and your baby shouldn't be expected to be around her at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:21 PM
17 moms liked this
Say sure as soon as you get a psych eval
awelling
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:21 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd tell her to fuck off.
J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:22 PM
This.

Quoting awelling: I'd tell her to fuck off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:22 PM

She would be out of our lives for good 

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
While I get you being offended, there are stories of kids finding out thAt the man who raised them is not their bio father. As a mom to sons, I can see your mil's point.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I would probably say something along the lines of "if you're going to call me a faithless cheater just say that" and if you tried to argue that that's not what she was saying I would ask her what is the purpose of having a DNA test then?
lothiriel6
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Wow, I'd be offended, too. Does she have other grandchildren? Has she pulled this on anyone else? I'd think about doing it just so I could wave the results in her face.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:25 PM
14 moms liked this
As the mother of a son I would allow my son to decide whether or not he felt there was a reason for him to check on that. Once my son is an adult it's not my place to insert myself in his relationships particularly his marriage and insinuate that his wife has been unfaithful

Quoting hotspice58: While I get you being offended, there are stories of kids finding out thAt the man who raised them is not their bio father. As a mom to sons, I can see your mil's point.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course you asked her why, right?  Because that would be the logical thing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)