Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm the meanest mom around

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 312 Replies
I did something I never ever thought I would today.

I'm a rare spanker, only for certain repeated issues, and just enough to sting generally. But at church this morning my oldest, out of the blue, decided to just be a complete brat. She's never in her life behaved anything close to this.

One thing I've always believed I'd that if I do feel I need to spank, it's deeply private. I never ever have let anyone she knows know she got a spanking (her sisters likely know, and vice versa, because we don't have that big of a house)

After she literally threw a hymnal during service, I very softly told her I was going to spank her when we got home. (Note this was after she had also refused to sit down until her dad basically forced her into the pew and after I had talked to her about being respectful and not talking during service today. And all in less than the half-hour before kids go to junior worship!)

Now like any kid, she hates being spanked, but she's never once reacted in a deeply rebellious or fearful way to be told one was coming. Like I said, I don't spank that hard or anything, just an attention getter.

Well today she responded by yelling "NO I'M NOT" right during service. It wasn't a fit or a temper tantrum, just defiance like I've never seen from any of my three girls.

And she picked up another hymnal and looked right at, getting ready to throw it. At this point everyone was looking at us, service had basically stopped to see the brat show. I gently grabbed her arm and did something I never would've believed I'd have done before today. I popped her butt four times right there, on the seat of her dress, in front of the entire congregation.

I then took her outside of the sanctuary, out to our van and I spanked her. Harder then I ever have before (which is still not anything like severe, but enough that she probably felt it for a few hours instead of a few minutes.) We then stayed in the van through the final fourty or so minutes of service, the air conditioner on, first with her kinda in time out, and then talking. I got what felt like a truly genuine apology, and she's been her normal sweet self ever since today.

I feel terrible now. Not about the spanking, she earned it and then some. When I was her age I'd have gotten a LOT worse. But about the pops in front of people. There is no one in our church now that doesn't know she got her bottom spanked, and I feel like I may have risked humiliating her. She wasn't showing any signs of it bothering her all day, but I feel like I'm the meanest mom around.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:28 PM
12 moms liked this
I wouldn't feel bad. They all thought she deserved the spanking and are glad you did it, I'm sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't feel bad. They all thought she deserved the spanking and are glad you did it, I'm sure.

I'm not worried about that. It's a pretty conservative church, and I'll be honest she's not the first kid spanked there this year.

I'm worried about her being unnecessarily humiliated when I could've skipped right over those pops in the church and went straight from catching her arm to taking her to the van.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM
9 moms liked this
So what is it that you are looking for? You hit your kid and consider it deserved simply because she wouldn't sit down and threw a hymnal and not only hit her in front of the entire congregation but took her into a van and hit her several times more. You are abusive and excessive abd if I were in the car next to you, I would call the police.
RedRose91
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't feel terrible she's your kid don't be ashamed of parenting YOUR child and who cares what judgy "I don't spank my" crap bother you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM
8 moms liked this
The first 4 pops would be okay in this rare case but then out of anger and embarrassment you took her to the van and BEAT her. Now you are just a child abusing bitch
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM
7 moms liked this
Ah. Christianity. How refreshing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM
8 moms liked this
They are happy the a child was hit four times in church and several times in a van. There is nothing that speaks of God's love like a young child being hit excessively and an entire group of adults who applaud this.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't feel bad. They all thought she deserved the spanking and are glad you did it, I'm sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous 4: The first 4 pops would be okay in this rare case but then out of anger and embarrassment you took her to the van and BEAT her. Now you are just a child abusing bitch

Neither emotion had any role in it. I spanked her because she severely crossed a line. I was somewhat embarrassed, I was not angry when we went to the van, but the decision to spank her had been made before she made the scene very public.

I didn't and don't spank out of anger or embarrassment. I spanked because I honestly felt it was earned and would correct her behavior, and I still feel that exact way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM
5 moms liked this
There are tens of millions of intelligent people able to teach and guide children without beating them in a church and van. Disgusting.

Quoting RedRose91: Don't feel terrible she's your kid don't be ashamed of parenting YOUR child and who cares what judgy "I don't spank my" crap bother you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have spanked her in front of everyone. Or done it twice but it sounds like she had something coming and need it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)