Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitness tracker bandwagon

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Who all uses a fitness tracker? What kind? What does t tell you? How has it improved your habits? I finally bought one. Haven't tried it yet but I'm excited to see the stats. It tracks sleep too but I'm not really excited to see that part. Yikes.
I already know I have days I wouldn't be considered highly active but usually I take it easy because I don't sleep enough. Then I have days I get some sleep and I go pretty hard. I'd like to see my heart rate during my workouts as well so I'm excited to be able to track that now.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:51 PM

I got one free from work used it for a week and found it annoying and a big pain in the ass. I have no idea where it is now.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 10:53 PM

I have a Fitbit HR.  I'm already pretty active, so there is that.  It does track my sleep, which I actually found to be useful - I never have trouble falling asleep, I have trouble STAYING asleep.  So I've gone over what I've done/eaten on the days I don't sleep well, and it has helped me improve my sleep.

OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:25 PM
I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR. It helps me try to beat my previous records, like most steps in a day/week/month. I like my Garmin because it tracks a ton of activities, like biking, kayaking, swimming, Pilates, skiing, golf, and more. And if I'm hiking, I can save the location where I started and it has GPS to help me get back.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I love my Charge 2 but wish it were waterproof.
Crafty_Girl
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Samsung Gear Fit 2 - it has helped me be more active, especially since I sit a lot at work. It tells me to get up and move.
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Fit bit blaze, here. It tracks a ton of stuff and I have been very happy with it. It isn't waterproof though, so I always have to remember that. It is water resistant and has that has proven helpful
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:30 PM
I know my sleep sucks. Both quality and quantity. That's awesome you've improved. For now my schedule is my issue.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I have a Fitbit HR.  I'm already pretty active, so there is that.  It does track my sleep, which I actually found to be useful - I never have trouble falling asleep, I have trouble STAYING asleep.  So I've gone over what I've done/eaten on the days I don't sleep well, and it has helped me improve my sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:32 PM
That's so neat! I don't do all those activities unfortunately. I went with the polar a300 because I can use t with the chest strap heart rate monitor. I looked at the garmin as well.

Quoting OliRye1234: I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR. It helps me try to beat my previous records, like most steps in a day/week/month. I like my Garmin because it tracks a ton of activities, like biking, kayaking, swimming, Pilates, skiing, golf, and more. And if I'm hiking, I can save the location where I started and it has GPS to help me get back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:34 PM
This, actually, except mine is in my junk box in my closet.

Quoting thebadkitty:

I got one free from work used it for a week and found it annoying and a big pain in the ass. I have no idea where it is now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:34 PM
Fitbit tells me sleeping, steps, stairs, heart rate. Best thing I have owned. Love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)