Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another life hack. Itchy skin, benadryl

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
If you are having an allergic reaction to something and it's leaving your skin itchy it's an easy fix. If you can't get to the store to buy a non itch cream you can make your own. I crush 6 benadryl tablets and mix it with an ounce of lotion. Mix well and apply to skin. The itch is gone in a few minutes. Only important thing to remember, if you use the cream don't take the pills. You don't want to OD.
by on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:10 PM
You could OD that way? Huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:10 PM
I get cortisone 10 cream for itchy stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:11 PM
Love these life hack posts.

I put an over the door shoe holder in the back of my bathroom closet door today to store stuff, and command hooks on my trash can to hold the bag from slipping.

I'll add this to my life hack collection!
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Your skin soaks in the benadryl then you take more and that's a lot in you. Though OD was too strong. It takes a hella amount to even get close.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You could OD that way? Huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:14 PM
Once, I was having a life threatening allergy attack and my boyfriend (now husband) crushed some benadryls and made me snort them cocaine style. Burned like hell, but got into my system super quick. Oh...I should mention...he's a doctor.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:15 PM
Cool idea

Quoting Anonymous 2: Love these life hack posts.

I put an over the door shoe holder in the back of my bathroom closet door today to store stuff, and command hooks on my trash can to hold the bag from slipping.

thebadkitty
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:15 PM

I cant get rid of the rash....

Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:16 PM
That burns like a sonofabitch. But when your throat is closing it's a good way to get it in your body.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Once, I was having a life threatening allergy attack and my boyfriend (now husband) crushed some benadryls and made me snort them cocaine style. Burned like hell, but got into my system super quick. Oh...I should mention...he's a doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Mobile Photo

A few of sassys hundred that she put in the other post. My bag was always falling into the can before, and one of these on each side was a great solution!

I actually wonder if crushed benadryl would be even more effective for itching than the real cream.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: Cool idea

Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2017 at 11:22 PM
I like that idea. For me it works better. But I probably use more benadryl than the cream.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

A few of sassys hundred that she put in the other post. My bag was always falling into the can before, and one of these on each side was a great solution!

I actually wonder if crushed benadryl would be even more effective for itching than the real cream.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: Cool idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)