Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd said she should be my number 1 priority

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
So my Dd is getting out of a facility soon. She is almost 18. I was talking to her yesterday and I said daddy ( My dh) is starting a job Monday night and they said I should be be getting a call sometime at the first of the week for a job. She said what about me. She said I should be your number 1 priority. I said baby you will be a priority but I also have to work. I said it isn't like before where I had the option to be a sahm i dont have that option any longer. I have to work too. I said I will make time for you and your stuff but I also will have to work as well.

She is used to me being a sahm. I was one for most of her life. I was available for her and her appointments and needs 24/7. Now I have to get a job. It will stretch me pretty thin which is why I am hoping for 2nd shift. My dh will be working nights.

I will make her a priority but it will have to fit in with a job as well. If I don't get 2nd shift I don't know how I will do it, to be honest.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:24 AM
I hope it works out. Good luck to your family.
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM

Why did you teach her that the world revolves around her? Also, what kind of "facility," and why didn't you specify in the OP?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM

facility? was she locked up or something? and besides, she is almost an adult there is no what about me at that age..Unless she is unable to care for herself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM
I hope so too. And I really hope they put me on 2nd shift. That would be awesome.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hope it works out. Good luck to your family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM
A facility? Care to elaborate?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:27 AM
Mental health facility. She has mental health issues.

Quoting Anonymous 4: A facility? Care to elaborate?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:28 AM
Mental health issues. Mental health facility. She is still going to need some help for a bit.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

facility? was she locked up or something? and besides, she is almost an adult there is no what about me at that age..Unless she is unable to care for herself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I think if her DD feels she needs the support of her mom than at 18 she is letting mom know.
Thats Ok.
18 isnt a magic day.
Kids develop at their own rate.
Maybe she will feel more secure at 18.5 or 19 or 20.

Sounds like her DD may need more than other kids at this moment and thats Ok.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:34 AM
It will be ok. Work with your DD to make sure she is getting what she needs for support while still empowering her to do what she can.
Sounds like a good plan.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope so too. And I really hope they put me on 2nd shift. That would be awesome.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hope it works out. Good luck to your family.
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:35 AM

Is there someone else who can sit with her if both you and your husband are unavailable? Does her care team have any recommendations to make the transition easier?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)