Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am about to shave DD3 head!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies

my DD3 has Autism and washing her hair is horrible there is always screaming, crying, biting, water going everywhere and that is just some of the things she does. I cant use the shower head on cause it makes it worse she is deathly afraid of it she screams even louder if I turn it on. her hair isn't even that long it's only to her shoulders, I am so sick of going in there in dry clean clothes and coming out like I was standing outside in a rainstorm.. tonight I told DH that I have had it I'm going to shave DD head, its just freaking hair it will grow back and hopeful when it's that long again she will understand that I'm not trying to hurt her.. that it is needed I am not doing it to be mean... but DH told me no cause she has pretty curly hair and shaving it would make her hair come in coarse and not curly anymore..

I told him fine you can bathe her from now. I am not doing it anymore

Edit... DH just told me that he isn't going to bathe her its not his job, and not to mention he feels it weird for him to wash her... oh well to damn sad I am done doing it. I still have a huge bruise where she bite me the other night

Edit... I am not actually going to do it.. my lord people. I am very stressed out I bathe all three girls and DS 10 takes his own shower... DH Doesn't help cause they are girls he doesn't "feel right" washing them or even seeing them naked...

and yes this just recently became issues the 3 young kids get a bath every other day my older DS takes a shower after school...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:42 AM
You need to keep washing it. I know it is frustrating. She won't learn to accept it any other way.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Www.sensorysmarts.com
Helpful work arounds for sensory issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't do that to her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:51 AM
I'd straight up tell ypu that if you shaved her head I would hold you down and do the same to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:53 AM

my hair is already in a pixie cut so it wouldn't bug me any.. it is just hair it will grow back it's not like I am cutting her hand off

Quoting Anonymous 5: I'd straight up tell ypu that if you shaved her head I would hold you down and do the same to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:53 AM
8 moms liked this
You COULD wear a bathingsuit. 😂😂
My ASD child was sensory avoidant too.
Tilting his head back was disorienting.

BiG heavy bowls of water thrown over his head to rinse out shampoo was better than leaning back or anything else... 4 of those- quickly- done! And he wore goggles. Lol!

Sensory issues are hard to handle. Really learn about them. It makes it easier to help and handle if you understand it more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:54 AM

it is just hair it will grow back its not like i am cutting her hand off

Quoting Anonymous 4: Don't do that to her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Fucking gross. That poor baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:01 AM
Oh I saw a great solution to this problem on Facebook. Let me see if I can find the picture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)