Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope they see the truth someday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
Several years ago, my ex husband started dating and then quickly moved in with a seriously mentally ill woman. She is a paranoid schizophrenic and has a very unstable history. I feared for my children's safety so I took it to court. The judge agreed with me and changed custody from 50/50 to every other weekend with the stipulation the children were not to be around her. The judge wasn't even comfortable having them around her with supervision due to the extent of her history.

My ex was furious. He said I was trying to sabotage his relationship with both her and with his children and he faded out of their lives. At first he would take his visitation maybe once a month but never overnight because he refused to make her leave their home so he would just pick them up and take them to dinner and bring them back. This only lasted a little while. Pretty soon he just quit seeing them at all. He and his gf ended up moving away.

My kids are older teens now and he has recently started calling and texting with them. He lives several states away, still with the same woman. My kids have asked to spend Thanksgiving with them but I am just not comfortable with that. I don't trust her or him and the court order still stands.

My kids are blaming me for pushing their father out of their lives. They are absolutely refusing to understand that he chose his gf over them. That it was HIS choice not to see them or spend time with them away from her. I hope someday they finally see the truth but I don't know. They talk about him like he's some sort of God.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:56 AM
Id let them go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM
They are a lot older now I would let them go and just let them know to contact you if anything happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:02 AM
I simply don't feel comfortable having them around her so far from home. They can't just leave if there's an issue.

Quoting Anonymous 3: They are a lot older now I would let them go and just let them know to contact you if anything happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand where you're coming from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
They're teens, they can start not following that custody order. Hope they do and either learn you and judge were wrong or were right. They have a right to figure it out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Several years ago, my ex husband started dating and then quickly moved in with a seriously mentally ill woman. She is a paranoid schizophrenic and has a very unstable history. I feared for my children's safety so I took it to court. The judge agreed with me and changed custody from 50/50 to every other weekend with the stipulation the children were not to be around her. The judge wasn't even comfortable having them around her with supervision due to the extent of her history.

My ex was furious. He said I was trying to sabotage his relationship with both her and with his children and he faded out of their lives. At first he would take his visitation maybe once a month but never overnight because he refused to make her leave their home so he would just pick them up and take them to dinner and bring them back. This only lasted a little while. Pretty soon he just quit seeing them at all. He and his gf ended up moving away.

My kids are older teens now and he has recently started calling and texting with them. He lives several states away, still with the same woman. My kids have asked to spend Thanksgiving with them but I am just not comfortable with that. I don't trust her or him and the court order still stands.

My kids are blaming me for pushing their father out of their lives. They are absolutely refusing to understand that he chose his gf over them. That it was HIS choice not to see them or spend time with them away from her. I hope someday they finally see the truth but I don't know. They talk about him like he's some sort of God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM
Has she been stable any of this time?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:06 AM

Has she been unstable recently?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes they can. Cops can get them, taxi can get them, uber can get them. They can easily just leave.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I simply don't feel comfortable having them around her so far from home. They can't just leave if there's an issue.

Quoting Anonymous 3: They are a lot older now I would let them go and just let them know to contact you if anything happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:09 AM
How old are your kids now? I know you said they're teens, but are they 13 or 17.or what?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd let them go, especially since they're older. I'd think you sabotaged their relationship too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)