Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to stay out of it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

BM has lost her mind. My SO and I have been dating over a year and are getting much more serious. She isn't happy about that even though they divorced 5 years ago. She is pulling stupid shit with custody, withholding the kids, blocking him on their phones, and texting from their phones pretending to be them. I have 100% minded my own business, while encourage SO to fight for his rights. He went to the lawyer and the court to file for contempt. Anyways yesterday she texted me about her kids hate me and my kids and I am ruining the relationship SO has with the kids. Unless the kids are playing both sides that couldn't be farther from the truth. My DS and their younger DS are very good friends and have been for years, way before we started dating, I didn't respond to her nutiness, but it keeping quiet is slowly wearing on me. She even yelled at her DS the other day for talking to my DS. Now she is huring my kids too.... Uggghhhh should I continue to ignore her?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:44 AM
Write a journal but try to stay out of it
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:46 AM

Don't stoop to her level. Stay out of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:46 AM

That is what I am doing. I am not trying to make it worse.

Quoting goatmom4: Write a journal but try to stay out of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It reflects best on you if you can manage to stay out of it. I’m not saying that I could, but if you refuse to engage then she looks like the psycho one. Rise!
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM
But I understand I have horrid mother-in-law kids got older they became wise but to her shit
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:49 AM
My older boy defended sister ,,,mother from hell trying to force 18year old daughter to wear pink it still happens ugh people must be why I like my bearded dragon better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Yes its best to stay out of it.

Just try to be a strong force for your kids.Love your husband and try your best to keep the peace.

She will eventually move on.

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM
You are doing the right thing by not responding. I know it's hard.
karene999
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM

I know that it is difficult, but keep a journal of things she does but stay out of it.

Write her a letter and tell her exactly what you have always wanted to say to her; then tear it up, you will feel better.

Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, ignore her. If you don't, she will use that against your S/O in court. Instead save the messages she is sending you, and let him use them against her in court. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)