Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL went off of me. To invite or not to invite?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
When my ex and I separated he was ordered to pay $613 a month in child support for two children. Practically nothing!. He was also ordered to pay half of educational costs and half of all extracurriculars, clothes etc.... He was working for his dad at the time, so it was his dad was technically paying the child support. Well the business where my ex was working was not doing very well so my father-in-law and mother-in-law were basically footing all of the bills for my kids. Not my problem. Ex could have gotten out and gotten a real job instead of living off mommy and daddy.

I had called my ex mother-in-law last week to tell her that there was a grandparents day at school and I would like her and father-in-law to come. I try and keep them involved in the kids lives as much as possible as they are nearing 90 and don’t have much time left. Well, she was in one of her moods, and proceeded to tell me off. She told me that it’s my fault that they have spent all of their retirement and are broke and live in poverty. Which is a joke, by the way they have a half a million dollar house that they own free and clear plus a ton of other investments. She drives a one-year-old Cadillac that is also paid for. Plus they support their grandson, great granddaughter, and great-grandson. To the tune of a lot more money than I was legally obligated to get to the courts. I am so tired of these people piling the crap on me because their son is a lazy piece of shit. He is 51 years old and currently working in a grocery store for $12 an hour. Mind you he has a college degree and is an army veteran.

Anyway… Now I am not sure if I should invite them to grandparents day or not. If they come then I will have to host them for the entire day, take them to lunch, take them out for ice cream with the kids after school. And I’m just not sure I can do it anymore. What do you all think? I am so tired of being their scapegoat.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Why are you so up in their financial business? You call your ex a loser but you chose to breed with him so what does that make you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM
I don't like drama so if it were me, I wouldn't invite them.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM

At least your ex is working...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Actually, when I met him he had a great job. We did fabulous. But after our separation he turned into a raging alcoholic and all he wants to do is drink and do nothing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you so up in their financial business? You call your ex a loser but you chose to breed with him so what does that make you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM
A lot of women will go "they're family suck it up blah blah blah" but I won't tell you that because I am a petty petty bitch. Fuck them.
tiafez
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

grandparents day is for grandchildren and grandparents. if your kids want to invite them then invite them and deal with you vs her seperately

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Invite them for your children's sake. It is one day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Because they were accusing me of causing them to go broke. With court ordered child support. No, they should not of had to pay the child support for their son. They could’ve fired him from the job. We didn’t get a real job. But they didn’t. It’s not like I took all their money and ran.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you so up in their financial business? You call your ex a loser but you chose to breed with him so what does that make you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Nope. I wouldn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Right they are always fine upstanding hard working men until they divorce. It's never the woman's fault for fucking a loser.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Actually, when I met him he had a great job. We did fabulous. But after our separation he turned into a raging alcoholic and all he wants to do is drink and do nothing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)