Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one who's annoyed with conversation from my SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
he wants to talk to me about things im not interessted in and he can go on and on about them. This has annoyed me in every relationship I've had. I listen because I'm not a bitch. I'm just secretly annoyed. That's my confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Listen to him, give your opinion....then change the subject

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. All my husband ever talks to me about is is stupid fucking Xbox game, like I even know what the hell he is talking about because I don’t play. I just nod my head.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Me too!  I thought I was the only one.  I try to pay attention but than I just zone out.  I get caught once I've zoned out and then SO feels the need to start from the top.  @@ It's so aggravating! Could you please just keep your commentary to a minimum?

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:58 PM
I have no feelings whatsoever about your conversation.
Ps wanting to talk about something that interests you as well doesn't make you a bitch. What an odd thing to think.
cynnie22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM

My ex would talk to me indepthly about mechanical things.  I'd ask a question but that would just extend the conversation. Nod and go.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Same here. All my husband ever talks to me about is is stupid fucking Xbox game, like I even know what the hell he is talking about because I don’t play. I just nod my head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM
I especially hate the on the way home from work phone calls. You're going to see me when you get home. Why do we have to do this? I'm busy making dinner lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Me too!  I thought I was the only one.  I try to pay attention but than I just zone out.  I get caught once I've zoned out and then SO feels the need to start from the top.  @@ It's so aggravating! Could you please just keep your commentary to a minimum?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Ugh.  Then they just repeat the convo in person...or is it a monologue? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I especially hate the on the way home from work phone calls. You're going to see me when you get home. Why do we have to do this? I'm busy making dinner lol.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM
I wish Dh talked. He likes to play vids when he gets home and he can't talk and play so not only do I spend my day with no adult conversations I don't get it at night either. I started not talking at all to him and he hasn't even noticed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My fiancé will talk for hours about the government and corruption. One time he was on a rant. I took a nap and he was still going when I woke up. He didn’t even realize I fell asleep
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:02 PM
Yes, it's a recurring monologue every day. We have the same conversation over and over again.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Ugh.  Then they just repeat the convo in person...or is it a monologue? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I especially hate the on the way home from work phone calls. You're going to see me when you get home. Why do we have to do this? I'm busy making dinner lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)