Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your parents and IL's get the kids for Christmas?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:20 PM
  • 80 Replies
2 moms liked this
Just curious.

My mom starts her planning now. She has 9 grandkids she buys for. She spends $50 on each. She'll be asking soon what to get the kids.

I'm thinking of telling her passes for movies or Legoland discovery center or passes to the gymnastics place here.

I can't with all the toys. They don't play with the shit they have.

Any other ideas?
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Money..
Last year my inlaws gave both of my girls and my niece a money tree with $150 on it.
I have no idea what they are giving my youngest this year, but they went in with us on my oldest's gift as we are getting her the piccolo she has been saving up for.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

The C word is not in my vocabulary until mid-November as it should be. I am really hoping our Renovations will be done and we can have a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner at our home.

angela.barlow
by Ange on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Money is always nice!

Quoting mcginnisc: Money..
Last year my inlaws gave both of my girls and my niece a money tree with $150 on it.
I have no idea what they are giving my youngest this year, but they went in with us on my oldest's gift as we are getting her the piccolo she has been saving up for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:25 PM
My parents spend at least $600 on each kid and my inlaws more like $200. We have 5 kids. A variety of things, books, toys, clothes and a bunch of little things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My parents give us $25 per kid and we buy what they want. It's easier that way.

DHs mom buys them a bunch of crap we don't need. His dad and step mom are incredibly inconsistent so we never know.
angela.barlow
by Ange on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:28 PM
Is it 800 worth of crap? Or what they actually want?

Quoting Anonymous 1: My parents spend at least $600 on each kid and my inlaws more like $200. We have 5 kids. A variety of things, books, toys, clothes and a bunch of little things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:29 PM
My parents spend $100 per kid.
My in-laws either spend nothing or $10 tops for my kids. They spend hundreds on my nieces and nephew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Oh god. So many clothes and toys that I can't even keep track. It gets a little ridiculous, lol. DS doesn't really request anything yet. 

angela.barlow
by Ange on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:30 PM
You're in-laws suck.

I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My parents spend $100 per kid.
My in-laws either spend nothing or $10 tops for my kids. They spend hundreds on my nieces and nephew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My parents are dead, but my ex in laws usually send my daughter money as well as a few little treats to open, like jewelry, purses, local to them treats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)