Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Banned Books.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Banning a book has to be the top most snowflake shit we as a nation allow. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this
We don't sensor in our house. If you want to read it and can comprehend what it is saying, then do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: We don't sensor in our house. If you want to read it and can comprehend what it is saying, then do it!

Agreed. Sometimes I wonder if the parents who have complained about a book, if they actually read or could comprehend the book they are complaining about. 

Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:47 PM
What books are banned?
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
There's a banned book section at our public library that makes those books more readily available. I love it. All the books are in a big display for everyone to see (and still be able to check out) and there's a note on each book explaining why someone wanted it banned. Some of them are beyond ridiculous, like "portrays couple living together before marriage." And we're talking books written within the last few years.
KoiKamsahamnida
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 2: We don't sensor in our house. If you want to read it and can comprehend what it is saying, then do it!

This. I have never censored media for Lily. If she wants to read or listen to something... she can. If she can ask questions about something if it's "above" what age is is... then go for it. I don't censor. My parents didn't censor and I thank them for that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:58 PM
No censorship here. If anything, banned books would probably be encouraged here because I'd find it safe to assume that such books probably tell too much truth (whether inferred or technical) and expose things that guilty parties don't want exposed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:58 PM

True

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:59 PM
I've read 26 of those . Good books

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/censorship/bannedbooksthatshapedamerica

Quoting Johnsmom5892: What books are banned?

chefmartha
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:02 PM
We didn't censor books. Growing up I read several that were on the "list". I never censored my kids reading material either when they were growing up. They were welcome to read whatever took their fancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)